Unlimited rates for all servers!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by marvel, May 23, 2018.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

We have a new mod on our servers which is already live right now as we speak, which unlocks the rate limit (bandwidth limit) that was originally set by Valve to 30 KB/s.

This should solve a lot of the lag and latency issues caused by our mod when we're hitting that limit (e.g. when a lot of commons/SI are around) and allows us to add even more zombies and do other exciting stuff!

So join now and go test! I'm sure you'll like it!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Cranky, Tali, DrCrow and 10 others like this.
  2. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Junior Member

i bet we will get 128 tick servers on mgftw before csgo players gets it from valve xD. anyway thanks marvel great job.

Tali and marvel like this.
  3. My ping went down from 400ms+ to 280ms in scenario server. Thanks a lot Marvel! It feels so much smoother now :D

marvel likes this.
  4. marvel

Awesome, glad to hear! :)

5. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

One more thing to note, the servers are also running at 60 tickrate - to benefit from this change the most, change these two cvars in your console:

cl_cmdrate 60;
    cl_updaterate 60;

6. Shaikh Nedab

marvel likes this.
  7. Shaikh Nedab

Made asia great again 62 vn.
    [​IMG]

marvel likes this.
  8. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

I must say both Scenario and EU Coop felt a lot better, especially when it comes to navigating the PR control panel :)

marvel likes this.
  9. Shaikh Nedab

yes so smooth control panels never dropping u. variance is 40 ms on all servers. hit register is now osm. i wanna meet marvel and treat him in personal.

Powered by ForumApps

marvel likes this.
  10. Synyster [я.ω]

Synyster [я.ω] New Member

Awesome Marvel. Doing better on Asia and EU @Mute atleast you won’t be seeing my hitting 2800+ms anymore xD

marvel likes this.
  11. Wes [™۞]

Wes [™۞] MG Donor

Good job again Marvel. That's three upgrades so far to MG. Keep it going.

marvel likes this.
  12. marvel

To update on this, tickrate is now set to 100 on all servers and forced to 100 for clients as well, so you don't need to change these cvars on your client console anymore either.

stephane7833 and raz like this.
  13. marvel

Ok so I've set the default back to 60, because some clients had issues with 100, so it's minimum of 60, but 100 is still allowed so if you want higher than 60 use above commands Mute posted.

14. marvel

Seems like some people have issues when we're forcing rates higher than 30, so we're back to 30 min 60 max. If you want 60 run this in debug console on your client.

cl_cmdrate 60;
    cl_updaterate 60;

15. Rym™

Rym™ Junior Member

Is it possible to leave it at default of 30, and allow us to select either 30, 60 or 100 tick rate depending on personal preference?

16. Shaikh Nedab

my ping went from 134-154 ms after recent changes. the first ever setting worked for me like a charm. now it goes to 200 previously it was 180 max.

17. Cranky

Cranky New Member

Awesome stuff marvel!!!
    I love it!!!
    Usually when the server was 16/16 i had like up to 150 ping.
    Now it is constant 60 and was constant 30 with 100 tickrate.

Would be great if you could find out what is causing the issue for people if we use a 100 tickrate.
    Is it just the bandwith of the person?

Because 100 tickrate rocked^^

(or can I set it to 100? Will the server accept that?)

18. S.O.S

S.O.S New Member

can I just type
    cl_cmdrate "100"
    cl_updaterate "100" on my autoexec
    will the server lock the value to 60 for me? (I prefer to left every setting at max eventhough it can't be max someone should know that feeling right? OTL

19. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

Server will lock it to 60, yes.

In regards to questions about bringing back 100 tick, probably not. Even when we didn't force the minimum cmd/update rates people were having issues, and there were also other non-networking issues that were brought with it (doors opened super slow, the SG552 rifle would glitch out if reloaded while scoped)

S.O.S likes this.