1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Team fortress 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joerve, Nov 7, 2010.

1. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I read and hear everywhere what a great game this is. Anybody played it here?

2. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Re: Team fortress 2

Ya i bought it recently, its pretty fun and easy to mod too :).

3. Seeker Sheol

Seeker Sheol Senior Member

hi

yeah i have the game , i enjoy playing it, its good fun :D

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

i like TF2 too, but i would prefer css.. TF2 is probly easer to mod in some cases, but you can mod almost anything on cs:s :P and i just love to play zombie mod and zombie escape on it..

5. karel51

karel51 Junior Member

I've had it for 2 years and played it a lot. it's casual light hearted fun for me, where survival is not a goal... the goal is rather to die in a way that is joyful, and maximum grief afflicting. Often the respawn timers are very low, which makes death not an issue.

Before you start thinking along the lines of setting up TF2 servers, let me stop you right here: Gamers Retreat (where I came to you from) did exactly that: set up TF2 servers, started neglecting L4D2, discovered a myriad of competition in terms of server population and ultimately died in its tracks. You can still see remnants of what was when you go to: http://www.gamers-retreat.com/ (with 9k+ steam group members)

Please please, do not try to become a TF2/L4D2 hybrid... it doesn't work!

6. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

I don't think we were planning on a TF2 server just yet..

7. PepsiDay

PepsiDay Guest

Playd TF2 and i still think L4D is better than L4D2

8. Stefeman

I would prefer CS:S zombie mod or zombie escape server :p

9. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I looked at a video of cs:s I think the graphics are terrible

10. Stefeman

Depents how the map is made.. my own server back there: http://www.xfire.com/video/11b5fb/ this is a good example for HD map. however, ive cutted the most HD part off from the video.. (starting from 50% done). since there are jungle, and a lively forest and etc.. its very modded map, and with some plugins you can turn it VERY realistic.. however, that server was "halfly modded" means: we cutted most of the graphical plugins and mods and animatons and skins and map animations off, since our upload speed for the serverside downloader was so slow.. so basically thats how it is with 35% of needed graphical plugins and mods.

and even at some maps, they might have bad graphics, but they still are very fun to play, and highly respected. and they have their own fantastic things.. (such like epic fails and etc..)

also, if it's becouse of the graphics.. then you can find like 10 maps max that are well made, and rotate only them :p