1. Click here to join our community discord server.

stats and points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ALIAS, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ALIAS

ALIAS Junior Member

Well, i always wondered how is the sustem to earn points to L4D...by killing infected 2 points...or kill a special infected 10 points..? I really wanna know how i get more points...by incapped a survivor or kill him...kill a tank or kill a witch...what gives you more points...? can anyone tell me?

2. The Other Guy

The Other Guy Junior Member

Re: stats and points

killing infected, And not dying
    Is the best way to get points
    Theres no points in killing tanks, witches, or even special infected
    But it is still very helpful in making it to the saferoom

3. Ricox

Ricox Member

Do you mean in-game when round ends or in the stats?

4. ALIAS

ALIAS Junior Member

I mean that it will be a great idea to make a panel and note how we earn points {example. killing an infected = 2 points} that will be really usefull in my opinion.

5. Ricox

Ricox Member

Dude... In-game versus round ending score or the points you have in HLSTATS?

6. ALIAS

ALIAS Junior Member

in the stats...my subject is stats and points**

7. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hehe I enabled that once but everybody figured it was a point system and they all were confused and asked me how to use those points, chat was all the time !usepoints, !buy, !up :mrgreen:

Anyway, it works like this. If you kill somebody who has a lot of points (top rated player) you'll get a lot of points for it, but if you are highly rated yourself and a low-rated person kills you you'll lose a lot of points yourself.

Further more you DO get points for killing tanks etc. See the attachment to this post. These are all the points rewarded on L4D2.

Attached Files:

8. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

I was fascinated by the chart, And i wish to view the complete one, Is that possible or is it private?

9. ALIAS

ALIAS Junior Member

Well that's interesting that's what i needed :) and if i kill one common infected do i get any points?

10. marvel

It is the complete one, only the last line is not very visible but it's boomer vomit ;)

11. marvel

I don't think commons are counted. They do count in your kill stats but you won't get points for it I think.

12. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

oh :roll:.
    And I thought you get points for killing survivors :P , I kill alot of them as a hunter

13. marvel

Killing survivors earns you the most points in fact, 25 ;) It's on the chart.

14. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

-Checks Chart-
    ooooooh I looked at kill all survivors
    No wonder I get so much points every day, I have a habit as a hunter to pounce incapped helpless survivors