1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Special tanks

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Penguin, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Penguin

Penguin Guest

A lot of people are probably going to disagree with me on this and be completely against this but i think the spawn rate of the following thanks should be reduced:

-Shamen
    -Supreme Shamen
    -Knight
    -Supreme Knight
    -Supreme Drainer

Back to a minimal chance of them spawning but then to counter this maybe increase the cash reward they give by a small amount, lets say 10-20% increase.

Personally i think these spawn way to often and people are picking maps in coop based on how good they are fighting these types of tanks and not on actually wanting to play the map it kinda sucks.

But yeah this is my thought on this
    :)

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

I actually agree with this 100%

I won't name names but certain players think l4d2 consists of 2 or 3 maps (The Sacrifice, Swamp Fever etc.) i'll even go as far as saying this could be viewed as on some level....farming.

3. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

Yesterday was a good example of this, we played way too much on just 1 map which was The Sacrifice. But in my opinion the spawn rate of special tanks is already relatively low. And the rewards are very low compared to what they were over a year ago. Coop should be challenging, special tanks make it more challenging and fun so I'd like it if it stayed the way it is now. If the spawn rate will be lowered then the rewards have to be increased, otherwise it feels worthless to fight against them, A) You don't get to fight against them very often, B) Knowing you get low rewards takes out the fun. For example, it takes a while to take down a shaman so you need to get something that is relatively good since you've made a lot of effort trying to kill it.

4. Duncan

Duncan New Member

I bet most of the guys who reach 215 and got goggles last month will agree with this while the ones who just got a booster will disagree. Spawning rate was high the last month too, and I didn't see anyone complaining about it :S Got my point here?

I disagree anyway, why would you wanna take away from players the most fun thing in coop ?? In my opinion I would like a higher spawn rate of the those tanks, but reduce a little the exp/cash offered as reward for killing them, and remove the enhacement stone reward for knight and supreme drainer. For a team full of 215 its just not fun to fight metal or bomber tanks :S

I would like to add a few facts to consider about coop:

- Supreme shamans (as things are now), imo can't be killed without admins help, even with handler the tank kick your ass (and before ppl start saying yees we can, with a good team we can, I have tried to kill the damn thing with a very good team a few times an the result is always the same). Sooner or later tank will kill most of the team, and they will lose adrenaline run after being dfibed and the party is over, remember that there are SI and tank don't need to kill the surv just incap them to make us lose the round, and with poison and drain is very easy to take us down.

- On the other hand knight and supreme knight are easy to kill most of the time (btw the knight handler doesn't seem to work ok, you get like "critical punches" every time the tank hits you and you end up screwing up the rest of the team near you), I know they will be """more challenging""" I in pr1.2, but I must say that I don't like at all the fact that new knights can kill you and you cant be dfibed, mostly because you can be send to fly away even if you are not the one being hit by the tank (just to make it clear I like the other changes in pr1.2 and I love the 4 Si spawn, I just disagree with this knight change in particular)

- Maps like Dead Center / The Passing / the parish are avoided for the reason you cant fight tanks there (I think that can be "fixed" by adding 1 or 2 tank fights in the last maps before finales but idk if thats even possible), but all the other ones are ok.

Last week I was playing with mini Duncan acc and I don't have donor privileges there, so I was forced to play The Sacrifice/dark carnival over and over again until I switch server. Another time I quit because the damn idiots wanted to play Crash Course all day, no rotation at all. Mapvote shouldn't allow players to chose the same maps one after the other over and over... Even new guys are doing that, telling others "vote the sacrifice" or "don't start all the generators", all of this stupid since you get the same amount of tanks starting 1 or the 3, same goes for the generator at crash course, and like I said before you can get nice tanks in most of finales not just in those 2 or 3. I even heard about some player kicking low lvls for "lowering the team chances of getting a nice tank".

Oh, and imo moribund farming buff should require lvl 201, but I guess its done now so..

5. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

I totally agree with this, and like I mentioned in my reply that it should be challenging but when we only get tanks like bomber or metalized it just isn't. And the map issue.. it used to be possible to fight tanks on any map before but some people farmed tanks and then it became like this. I like the special tanks, so thats why I also favor those maps which are better for tanks.

6. Penguin

Penguin Guest

The spawn rate is not that low, i remember when these where a very rare occurrence and the only time we would see these were in admin events which were a great amount of fun.

Another way to look at this, look how quick people are actually leveling up from this? it took me quite awhile to get to level 100 alone from playing, and then even longer to reach 200 but i have seen people join at level 1 and be way over level 120 in about a week. you can notice this by looking at peoples levels and comparing them to stats on HLstatsX as they wont have much and have a low ranking on there. People do level up fast from this and it could also mean that people will not want to buy boosters and such from MG as they get decent ish rewards from tanks

7. Abstract

Abstract MG Donor

hmm what schould im say you say last round on coop to me you have googles and 8 million cash and all what you need and when you done with your stuff you say the spawn rate is too high ? that sounds like iam have all but need that other players need longer for me

8. Penguin

Penguin Guest

true, but iv been thinking of maybe asking to restart from level 1 again and do it all again was just a maybe and if they would let me. would be cool to go through it all again because there isnt much else to do once you hit 215, suppose could do what duncan did and make an alt account hmm. but i'd only like to play it up again really if tank spawning changed :)

*kinda wishes i bought a second copy on l4d2 on steam sale now*

9. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Got to agree with Abstract here I'm afraid. I never once heard you complain about the tank spawn rate penguin until now, you have reached lvl 215, have all you need e.t.c Stop being a bitch :P

10. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

fuckin' BUSTED

11. Duncan

Duncan New Member

If you want I may have some extra l4d2 to send as gift.

The spawn rate is lower than last month, or maybe I just have some weird week with no luck :S

I remember very well that tanks were "just for events" in the past, tanks with 1000hp or just freezed for us to kill, 20 para's in the map and admins slay them all, or some others things like that. I don't remember having fun with that because we didn't get to fight the tanks at all. But today we can kill them without that kind of "help", just with a good teamwork (except the supreme shaman or when bodies land outside the map or some other circumstances when admins help is more than welcome).

Since you have mentioned events, I think one with 2 or 3 nice tanks at the same time would be fun, and the use of announcement through steam could bring old players back (like last time with me) :D

I do agree that ppl reach high lvl in no time, and there is no need of MF lets say before lvl 200 (at least). As it is now, low lvl ppl (some of them without doing anything to help the team) just hide B/W and wait for high lvls to kill the tank. I bet they reach lvl 200 with millions of cash and a hundred enhacement stones in a couple of weeks without booster and that hurt the store too.

I was suspecting this was the true nature of the claim (players going from 0 to 200 in a few weeks), that's why I respond to this in my 1st post

that way high levels are happy, new players need to play some more before reaching lvl 200, and the store is more protected.

12. why are people complaining. the high levels now had it easy back then when the spawn rates are higher (and the farming rule wasnt so enforced like now) , not to mention their boosters and hardass moribunding right from map1 to tank finale.

13. tank

tank MG Donor

This is for all who is for reducing for save time and space :)
    OK we are friends but doesn't need we need agree with all O-).
    First at all why reduce something is already have been reduced?
    ( did you forgot how was high price before for killing shaman or knight)
    Second in mostly last chapters on l4d2 where spawn special tanks is already time limited on the end,
    (1 til 2 min. correct me if i am wrong),
    so you don't have time to deal with special tanks.
    Which we coming to the other point at people right now like play only on couple of maps often.
    Why?
    Answer: be'cos people want to fight special tanks.
    That's what bring people here on MG is that special things non seen like on other l4d2 servers.
    That what bring me and many others.
    I was first MG player and then after become MG costumer.After past maybe lvl120. (was playing only VS and HD survival)
    I found out first time about MG, it was server called "MG berserker mode" wich i really liked very much and that made me stay on MG.
    After found out about other servers to.
    That what i want to explain you that is that special tings what bring people back here and play and play.So why reduce?
    Already now some toasters are removed and some toasters are limited to make spawn.
    I was so happy last period to see at all servers are full (ecxept cople vs servers), and that you need to wait to conncet to server.
    At all new players need to get chance to lvl up to,give new players to become mg players first.
    Before maybe 1 year ago wasnt many shamans but killing price was very high and you could 30lvl up fast.And HD events was before.
    All time reducing thing will not bring nothing good in comunity even in one net comunity or in real life,
    imagine if all world could be like NETHERLAND and not like world today full of restriction.
    ,we cant just lose more players.L4d2 is old game.
    Remember year ago some guys complaning on forum about PRVS server, how infected are OP,how this how that.But servers was always full.
    So some thing was reduced and some skills removed wich maked many players leave MG, and this "complaning people" today not play anymore on MG.
    I personally didn leave i continued to stay, i didnt cared about skills and reducing
    (only that Para Survivor :), i think was very cool thing anyways some guys complaing was OP)
    MG servers have cool stuff and people like cool stuff and want to use that stuff,
    for stop it playing all time same maps on Co/op maybe could spawn special tank on third map if the last map have 1 min restriction on the end.
    So think that need let people play and enjoy MG.
    Peace

14. erik

erik MG Donor

Just to clarify, the Farming rules were always the same and just as important as they are now. If anything, in the past, people simply got away with it more than they do now.

15. "and the farming rule wasnt so enforced like now"

i said it cause its really hypocritical when someone say "no we must turn on all 3 gens".
    when in the past that same player have probably benefitted many times from not starting the gens
    and now start being a hypocrite cause hes at max level and doesnt care anymore.
    and then say "cause i dont want to get banned" saying it in a pandering way likes hes very innocent and have never commit any wrong ever.

16. erik

erik MG Donor

Ok, in your example... yes, I agree... that's an absolute case of "do as I say, not as I do," and being a hypocrite.

The bottom line on this issue is that the servers need to be kept moving at all times. If it's too hard to fight a tank or two with all 3 generators running, that's why the difficulty is lowered if the team loses.

Just like any other game or any other mod, sometimes the enemies win.

It's not only unfair to them (gamers,) but also against the rules to try to brow-beat those who keep the game going or keep the finale / server running.

This isn't directed at you, MacheteYandere, just clarifying the rules again because a lot of people ask about this particular one.

17. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Drainer handler ftw :smiley-angry017::smiley-signs083:

18. lol drainer would be too easy with that.

19. dikew

dikew Member

I'd like to have that

Sent from my C5302 using Tapatalk 2 :game:

20. Penguin

Penguin Guest

As much as i would LOVE this to be a thing, wouldn't it basically make it a standard tank then? :P