1. Click here to join our community discord server.

RUSHING AND FARMING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dome28, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dome28

dome28 MG Donor

RUSHING AND FARMING

is ther anything to do about the guy's who always rush and let you die im in the servers everyday and everyday i see people rush and run away for tanks and letting the guy;s that are down die im realy getting sic and tired of it the ting in the game is helping 1 and other so is there any thing to do about this i know that you cant bann them ore someting but its getting wors every day letting some die and then farm like hell att saveroom whats the fun in that

2. Ampelius

Ampelius MG Donor

I always see some players (both high and low levels) rushing ahead even when a tank has spawned. It isn't easy to defeat an expert Para/Drainer with only 5-6 players firing at it and the rushers are still being rewarded after the tank is killed... painstakingly.

Maybe the rushers shouldn't deserve the tank rewards or add some auto-teleport feature that teleports the rushers back to the main team or so.

3. dome28

dome28 MG Donor

its not hard to kill the tank in any mode just work together then it will go down pretty fast

4. tank

tank MG Donor

The way is the warn the guy who do that with mic or type in chat,in case if player dont listen u, u can copy your "game your chat" from the console, have console open all time, also can take screenshot or if u have FRAPs can even record the movie , if admin is not present go to MGFTW and report the player who do that all time, remember is impossible to cover all servers with admins 24 hour, should have 50 admins then, usually when admin is present this thing never happened. :)
    Or have fun and enjoy MG servers .
    You know I've smoked a lot of g....
    O' Lord, I've popped a lot of pi...
    But I never touched nothin'
    That my spirit could kill
    You know, I've seen a lot of people walkin' 'round
    With tombstones in their eyes
    But the Rusher don't care
    Ah, if you live or if you die

God damn, The Rusher
    God damn, I say The Rusher
    I said God damn, God damn The Rusher man

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
    With the love grass in his hand
    Oh but the Rusher is a monster
    Good God, he's not a natural man
    The dealer for a nickel
    Lord, will sell you lots of sweet dreams
    Ah, but the Rusher ruin your body
    Lord, he'll leave your, he'll leave your mind to scream

God damn, The Rusher
    God damn, God damn the Rusher
    I said God damn, God, God damn The Rusher man

Well, now if I were the president of this land
    You know, I'd declare total war on The Rusher man
    I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
    Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

God damn The Rusher
    Gad damn The Rusher
    I said God damn, God damn The Rusher man

5. erik

erik MG Donor

Before I start my actual reply, I wanted to mention it may be wise to censor rushing & farming debates on the gameservers. I specifically mean these two terms. Those kind of accusations only lead to never-ending debates and gamers fighting non-stop. Pointing fingers about rushing & farming on the server (without notifying an admin) never truly solves the issue.

Ok the absolute best thing you can do with farmers is tell me, tell one of my Team members, or somehow notify an admin. If you have proof it is even better. We are VERY good at catching this. Since we are on a limited number of servers and since those said servers are full most of the day, it's all the more important to make a habit out of telling us. No, you do not HAVE to get a demo or proof, but it really really helps secure a ban. WE NEVER REVEAL OUR SOURCES OR WHO TELLS US! Screenshots, I want to add, are hard to determine farming from. Demos are best. You can very easily say "let's go" if they are slow or goof off outside the saferoom. If they absolutely refuse, please come to us. Someone is always online.

As for rushing... this is kind of a two-fold situation. If a tank spawns in the maps, which we all know they do in EVERY PR-COOP map now... the team needs to fight it. If it's a Bomber, run. If it's a Metallized tank, burn it. If you can't or if you have to bug out, then do so! However, there is no reason people should dash off and collect the rewards while you guys do the work. Conversely, I can't sit here and say "no that's a rule, can't run off." That would over-admin the servers and be too micro-managing. I WILL say this, though. The servers need to be kept moving at all times. If the tanks are that big of a problem, we can randomize it or decrease the chance of spawns. By all means, tell them to help the team. In the end, though, if the team perishes, the tanks will teleport to the saferoom to get the rushers. That is why HonorCode so cleverly put that on all the tank types now.

One separate note about rushing. People must wait for at least the majority of the server to spawn in PR-COOP. Especially on outdoor maps with no starting saferoom door... if they just burst out, it causes others to join dead or in spectate. It's inconsiderate and they simply need to wait.

I hope this covers your concerns. Let us know if it doesn't.

6. Ian

Ian MG Donor

If that ever happens i guess you should raise your voice(not literally) and i'm sure there will be people stepping up and supporting you with what you say as i would say there are more good than bad players and most players i seen are decent players. Also by speaking out, you will let players be aware of what they're doing is wrong (if you are correct) people tend to listen most of the times.

7. erik

erik MG Donor

So true... many, many times after something is resolved in a final type of way (a ban, whatnot,) or some major change has been made to PR to prevent said problem... then people voice their support. You're allowed to be a good steward or encourage a busy server without starting rushing/farming debates. Nice post, Ian

8. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

The best communities will always have a certain element of self-regulation, in that decent, team players will pick up on those who don't help.

Certainly finger-pointing won't help, but Ian is totally right. We all have to contribute to make sure that the game is played with the right spirit :)

9. erik

erik MG Donor

Yes yes yes... and always come to my Team (or me) if there's a problem. Just wanted to reiterate that part.

10. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

Since I never play on Co-Op my reply carries little weight but I do read these posts. The way it looks to me is that this bad behavior is rewarded otherwise they would not do it.. Maybe larger rewards for those who deal damage to the tank and revoking any ill gotten profits who deal 0 damage to the tank in a given round. Maybe a player penalty if you are X distance away from other players and the team dies. There must be a way to encourage all players to stick together. Rush 25% ahead in a map and get teleported 25% behind. Survive alone in safe room 25% ahead of other players and score 0 HLSTATSX for the round. Killing tank with all surviving players within X proximity of tank = bonus. Just trying to help.

11. erik

erik MG Donor

Your opinion counts big time because when you speak, you always have something to say. I like these ideas. I think the teleport one is difficult because it may make players feel we're over-adminning things. However, you're right... they wouldn't do it in such a large amount if they weren't rewarded.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to code or author, but I like the idea. Non-contributing team members is hard to figure out. However, rushers based on x amount of completion score points or a percentage, this good outside-the-box thinking. Tank proximity is difficult because we have one that is a literal time bomb... and to beat it you simply stay away and outrun it. I would like to hear more from those who can accomplish this, if it is possible to be done. (the rush penalty thing) Good ideas ;)

12. Duncan

Duncan New Member

About the rushing at the beginning of the round, you can use the unlock timer for the door like we have in VS servers.

I notice that some players (most likely to prevent losing points in hlstats), hide instead of fight with the tanks, so rushers are not the only problem. I like the concept of a reward proportional to the participation in the fight (damage to the tank sounds fair), except for bombers and metalized tanks (this one only take damage from the player who set him on fire and maybe a little damage from bile). Like Erik said proximity would be tricky with bomber tanks, drainers, supreme drainers and supreme shamans, and the fact that now all tanks can TP