1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Revive Hidden Infected game mode.

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by SunL4D2, Mar 8, 2016.

1. SunL4D2

SunL4D2 Junior Member

We obviously have problem now. Server is empty 24/7. Any thoughts how to help bring life into it?

For now, I added some players who played it with me and will try to gather them to play.

My Steam account - http://steamcommunity.com/id/sunl4d2/ , add me, if you want to play Hidden Infected game just like me or have any thoughts or anything. C:

2. CommanderXx

CommanderXx Junior Member

here is good thoughts that I suggested before add /mute command be patient on player give low time temp ban like 2-3 no need permbans if only player got banned for hacks or he's ddosing make a ban section here so ppl can see there bans and ve conversations with admin about it make advrtisment to ppl good videos about server add some ppl on social network and inv them

3. CommanderXx

idk where is edit post so here is more u can make some of the past memories of old player nikki,skank,elax,imspacticus,longjhon also u can make the server auto post his ip and forum link in every 4-7min add some auto commands for rule breakers like if any insults he can say shhh ur not allowed to curse also if u can make team speak server for players so they can commincate

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

I can schedule a steamgroup event this weekend for the hidden infected and we'll see if people will join in it :)

5. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Good idea. :D

6. TehHyrid23

TehHyrid23 Junior Member

We need the good old days back again D: obviously wont be the same but at least some FUN ^^

7. ChooChoo

Indeed. You guys could also use a few map tweaks as well to keep it fun. Already taking some notes. :)

8. ​I agree, we need to breathe life back into the Hidden Infected servers, there is no way us players should be letting it die out. The same thing however should also apply to VS, since both servers have had 0 players on for the past several weeks at most. the dry season of them two has been happening since the beginning of January or even from December. (even though my post isn't that on point, its still relevant about the dying servers). Could we get in some new ideas for hidden infected if that was possible? that would be great... thanks :)

EDIT: Further more, I can't wait to get some great footage this weekend in Hidden Infected when the event happens! :), you can all see me then.

Also My ideas for Hidden Infected at this time.
    - Can the survivors develop a way to say restore barricades? (maybe the addition of a !buy command for survivors?)
    - Can Choochoo put in more hidden infected maps? :D (and maybe have the developer maps as playable maps?)
    - Update the current version of hidden infected so the lower level players can earn exp?
    - Can there be a guide for hidden infected other than just a video? (I'm willing to help make it if this idea goes through)

9. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

I feel that the survivors should also get something, unlike all the other classes they are very boring to play. There should be something other than waiting for them to do. Also when dead as either inf or surv i believe they should be respawned as another SI with no abilities (just claw) and very slow walking speed perhaps even replace barricades and instead have it as something inf can use points to allow.

Also a change to how each round is started, have everyone spawn in the center of the map where there would be very slow permanent/temporary health regen and all the supplies scattered around the edges of the map.

10. TehHyrid23

TehHyrid23 Junior Member

I got a new idea for the Hidden Infected server but i'm not sure if it's possible to achieve :

Infected team get to buy a key which allow them to open a cage where a tank is locked. The tank obviously wont have lotsa health but he can do damage or even kill "Survivors only" for you when he got a survivor surounded by Common infected...But one thing for sure he's a good distraction for you to kill as many survivors as you can ^^
    Now. The way the tank reacts is a little bit hard, if he only attacks survivors, he may eventually expose the infected team one by one.
    what do you guys think?

11. R.B.

R.B. Guest

Last week we did a H.I. resurrected event, set up by me and shared with many of the old players. It happened last friday at 22 pm CET. we achieved a group of 16 players joining and staying on the server again for several hours. I think if we organize more events like this there might be a chance that people join themselves again. The biggest issue here are the timezones. Like for me 22 PM CET is nice on a friday, but on a tuesday or wednesday it might be hard since i have to work the day after. And if its at 22 pm for me, its at 1 pm for ChooChoo (usa?), and even 4 AM on saturday for players in asia. Yet in the past this time seemed to be the most crowded and Friday seemed to be the mostplayed day.

I like the event on the steamcommunity page, but im not sure if im follwing the right group. Do u mean the group "mgftw.com-Hidden Infected Addicted"?

12. R.B.

R.B. Guest

Yesterday however, we played with 6 players, Valician, Mbarn/Jen, Bunker, Royal, Sergetes and me. After 2 maps we were bored, so people playing the server but with such a low amount get bored fast and just stop after 2 maps, so maybe something can change which makes it fun. Also for a low amount of players (<10)

13. R.B.

R.B. Guest

If u mean the MGFTW steamgroup, i was kicked :( so i cant join again

14. ChooChoo

Yeah, I live in the USA. (Pacific Standard Time).

I know, HI and PR-VS need some new stuff. You guys have let me known about this for some time now. :)

15. CommanderXx

if you felt u need extra player,unban me I will be glad to help

16. ChooChoo

LOL

17. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

This, without a doubt, made my day.

18. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

a++++++++ by the choochoo train, top bants

19. ChooChoo

YAY :D Bants about what?

20. SunL4D2

SunL4D2 Junior Member

Stefeman. I love this idea. Don't forget about event!

razor, Stefeman, Adward, [Loli in a box], timkit [â„¢Ûž] and everyone else - come play with us too! Unless of course you already play under different nicknames.

I hate that I can't buy anything as a survivor! Can we do something about it? I don't have ideas but maybe people who played a lot have some thoughts about it. ;) Really need to do something about survivor gameplay - it's really boring to just wait until someone will show his true identity.

Also ban Pre's knife. xD I am kidding.

Feel free to add me. As soon as there will be Hidden Infected game, I will make sure to invite you as well!

CommanderXx, I don't know why you is banned, but I think everyone has a right for second chance. If you understood your mistakes and really improved, you can try to get this chance. Admins are not evil creatures who only want to ban people afterall.