1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Quests

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Stoned, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

Hi ~

Are the quests still working or on? I don't see them on any coop servers for weeks.

Thanks!

2. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

What do you mean with "on" ?

When i type "!qt" i can see all my quests, inventory etc....
    If you talk about the TVs, i must say i havent seen many of them, except the TV when you kill a Witch.

3. ecco0

ecco0 MG Donor

levels like dead center or dark carnival have alot of tv's, items like bandages, syringe, food box, rice, also darwins notes is at the beginning of the level

4. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Where EXACTLY is darwins note, thief necklace or whatever?

5. ecco0

ecco0 MG Donor

Dead center chapter 2. walk out of the saferoom straigh ahead and then to the right you will see a table with a gas can and a fuel can next to it on that table you will find Darwins note. i dont know where the necklace is.

6. Raised in Hell

I'll give you Thanks if i find it there and if i don't find it there then i will give you bad karma :P jk

7. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

When I mean "On", I mean like... I don't see tvs (except from witches), radios, and crates or boxes. So I am wondering why this is happening.

8. Raised in Hell

TV drop rate has decreased because before it was easy to find all these items which would lead the quests to finish pretty quickly.. Radio and the box are only on some certain maps like dead centre, dark carnival and 1 or 2 other maps ..

9. Indomitable

Indomitable Senior Member

to save some people on this thread the time to look through other quests threads i've posted on, i will place my observation here.
    1. Radios and military boxes USUALLY appear on the first 5 L4D2 maps.
    2. Repeating on said maps many times USUALLY makes them disappear for me. dunno why.
    3. Said maps have an ABUNDANCE of TVs. MOST item-searching quests can also be completed in said maps.
    4. Poeple don't see TVs often due to people ALWAYS wanting to play L4D1 maps that have been moved to L4D2.
    4.1. This is probably due to the super infs killing people off on the L4D2 maps.

Hope this helps. :)

10. Indomitable

raised in hell, i just found darwin's notes right where ecco0 said they would be. right outside the saferoom. i found mine wedged under the ceda trailer, though. i'm thinking someone just smashed it there, but still. the general location is legit, just a matter of getting there first. :)

11. Raised in Hell

Okay i'll TRY to get it before some other greedy bugger gets it for his quest .. I don't even need to do quests to be honest .. I just wana do them to finish/get EVERYTHING in game ..

12. Indomitable

i know what you mean. i got that bad habit of wanting to get every single thing i can get in a game, no matter what kind of game it might be. though i don't find myself spending specifically for a game other than the purchase of the game itself.