1. Click here to join our community discord server.

one suggestion

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by Abadoon*, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Abadoon*

Abadoon* Junior Member

Greetings lads,

i have got one improvement: a lot of servers have got a kill information (name of the killer, weapon, distance). I think it will be a good idea, because if a cheater or a bug user kill u then u can see him or her in the site chat or in the middle of your screen.

Yours Abadoon*

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah we were planning on implementing that but I accidentally wrote over the code that took care of that part so I have to add the missing pieces to the puzzle to get that working again.

I used to think modding L4D was a pain, but modding Dayz is like hell.

I will look at it again next weekend though, see if I can fix it.

3. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

This also has some cons.

- It takes away your anonymity and sneaking skills in the server/community.
    (Say, there's a bandit who hunts others, and since others saw him killing, he can't "Rambo" in the forests anymore as his name is being said in chat all the time, or that, hes known bandit after the kills and unable to pick more victims..)

- Once someone dies, nothing stops him from yelling out his position, which also reveals the killer's position to everyone else.
    (Sure we can make a rule about this, but it's gonna be dodgy to upkeep).

But yeah, it helps us to fight against the hackers to a certain degree :P

4. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I never thought of it that way, but you are right. We'll have to think this over.

5. Abadoon*

Abadoon* Junior Member

I think it would be good to wip out cheater and maybe u should stop the side channel writng.

6. Sportivoman

Sportivoman Junior Member

One of my bug bears aswell, i agree if you die you want to know how / when / whom killed you.

Simple if you dont want people to know who you're then dont kill, also dont know what you guys are complaining about all you've to do is look at the implemented scoreboard you've created and has all the tallies of player kills on there anyway.

I know online who sits at spawn points and general area and kill, eg: one player has alot more player kills then zombie kills without naming names.

Im not bothered if theyre bandits or standard players, if i see them as a threat they're history.