1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Massive Lag

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Vulcan, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

There have always been intermittent lag issues but the last week has been notably worse. This slow motion stuff has to end as well as the jerky stop & go. Please, please, please do what you can to resolvethese issues. I have never had a problem with my ping but now when I jump into a game where it says my ping is 68 when I get in it is more like 268 or higher. This is the greatest server ever and this used not to be a problem so I was hoping it would be possible to trace back to the root and get it fixed. It isn't just me, I hear the same thing from other players at the same time. :(

2. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Re: Massive Lag

The servers get lag when they are up for too long. If you are getting too many complains, use the !restart command and it will get solved :). I restarted all euro servers now, cuz they were using 2.3+ mem. (1.9 is lag already, so you can imagine).

3. Vulcan

let me get this straight, if I type "!restart" in the chatbox or the console? and when I do will it upset the game in progress, because if so I will wait til between campaignes. Thanks for letting me know.

4. joerve

joerve Senior Member

MG is just too stable. They wont crash anymore on its own :p

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah it will restart the server and kick everybody out, so use it with caution :) I usually don't use it when the server is still on 20/20, which means there's lag but it's playable but when it starts dropping to 10/20 I give it a restart.

It's true, in the past we never had lag problems since they wouldn't run for more then 7 hours :P
    Even the left4downtown extension can't crash it :)

6. Vulcan

I did use the !restart command today and nothing happened, maybe you have to be root admin.

7. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

/sm_restart to in the chat box to restart... you'll get a menu to confirm, and /sm_crestart to cancel once you've started it. Those worked for me.