1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Idea for a new mod? An arcade type one perhaps?

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by ChooChoo, Sep 2, 2015.

1. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

So, I have been playing this little game on steam called Crimsonland, use to play it many many years ago. It's an old top-down shooter game where every stage, you ran around, shooting aliens and monsters, earning XP and every level up, you got to choose a new 'perk' to use on that stage. Now, every stage, you started at level 1 with no perks.

[video=youtube;o8542wpm-e8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8542wpm-e8[/video]

I was wondering if people would play a mod similar to that. It might feel like PR with survival mode. Every round, 4 survivors with no health items fight against infected, scoring points and xp, and level up and get to choose from a choice of perks. Some perks could increase their damage, or running speed, perhaps regenerate health or lower damage taken. These perks only last that round.

Some infected when killed may drop a colorful power-up toaster. Red ones could restore a little bit of health, orange ones give the player explosive ammo, blue ones give more xp, etc.

If players are pounced by special infected, they could mash a button to fight it off and free themselves. There wouldn't be any incaps/ledge hangs either. Once survivor health hits zero, the player dies. Once all players are dead, we see the final scores.

The winner would get to play the next round, while the other 3 are sent into a spectator line, and the next 3 players in queue would get to play and try to dethrone the winner. Everyone starts at level 1 again with no perks. Friendly fire of all types could be disabled to prevent unfair team killing too.

I think it could work as a l4d2 mod. Something like that, what do you think?

2. Not bad for a survival mod that could work. Would add a very nice twist to survival :)

I do have a few questions regarding if this idea were to go through. just my thoughts...
    Would the tank special infected still spawn as such in survival along with the others?
    Which button would we press to free ourselves from special infected without the knives?
    Would the infected stats be that of vanilla l4d2 in this mod?

that's it for now. In my opinion.