1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Generic Server Rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marvel, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

These are the Marvelous Gaming Server Rules which will linked to in-game by issuing the command '!rules' from chat.

Introduction note:

Remember, When you get banned on one server you get automatically banned on all servers (that means both L4D and L4D2) so if you like playing at MG think twice before you break the rules, it's not worth it.

Category 1: Major offenses

• Cheating.

Cheating will result in an immediate permanent ban with no option to protest against it.

[/*:m:3ti9sk9x]
    • Bug using.

Exploiting known or unknown bugs within the game or its modifications will result in a kick and temporary ban without warning.

• Team killing.

Excessive, on purpose damaging other players on your team (including yourself) will result in a kick and temporary ban without warning.

• Mic / Chat / Vote spamming.

Excessive mic, chat and/or vote spamming with the only purpose of trying to ruin the game for other players will result in an immediate kick and temporary ban.

• Offensive language and/or nicknames.

Language or nicknames containing expressions of racism, discrimination or anything else that may hurt other people, countries or believes will result in a kick and temporary ban.

• Repeated minor offenses.

If you keep repeating minor offenses we will count them up until it becomes a major offense which may result in additional ban time.
    • [/*:m:3ti9sk9x]

Category 2: Minor offenses

• High ping

Pings above 700 will get you warned first, kicked next. Pings above 1000 will result in an immediate short-term ban (usually 10 minutes).

• Rushing.

Rushing is allowed but only when it benefits the entire team or when the game has come to a situation where it's every man for himself. Rushing for no reason at all which has a negative impact on the team result will usually lead to a kick and/or a short-term ban.

• Mic -and chat spamming.

This is minor spamming. Examples: Playing music over the mic or leaving your channel open so everybody can hear your background sounds. Flooding the chat-box with non-interesting stuff or excessive non-game related talking over the mic will result in a warning first and a kick / short-term ban second.

• Foreign languages.

We can debate long if we should allow typing or talking foreign languages, but there always seem to be a certain gray zone where some people find it annoying and others don't so English is the only language allowed on our servers, forum and steam-group.

We understand that not everybody speaks English so you usually won't get kicked for it when you keep low profile but admins decide when it gets to a point where people could be bothered with it which will usually lead to a kick and a short term ban.

• Inappropriate language

Swearing, shouting, being disrespectful to other players etc. will get you some time to cool-down outside of our servers.

• Inappropriate nicknames.

Nicknames like ;; .. || -- are not allowed. We like to know who we're playing with so try to be more original when it comes to picking a decent nick. See this topic for detailed rules: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=74

• Rage team-switching.

Excessive team-switching, which means you keep trying to switch teams even though the server is full and a switch is not possible. We've seen people even trying to reconnect to join the other team (usually the infected team). This will get you banned for a short period of time.[/*:m:3ti9sk9x]

So I got banned, now what?

If you got banned, first thing you need to do is visit:

http://www.marvelous-gaming.com/sourcebans

There you can see the reason why you were banned and for how long. If you want to protest against your ban that's the place to do that as well. If it's a really short term ban it's useless to protest against it most of the times and you just have to sit it out until it expires.

2. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Re: Generic Server Rules

A few rules that i follow, i kinda made them my self 8-)

• Point abuseing At start of round - hurting a team mate to heal them, to get points.

This is very unfair on othere side any 1 i find doing this gets slayed, if they keep doing it, then they start to get kicks, if several people do this, and im unable to see all of them, whole team gets slayed.

[/*:m:2jjq5c34]
    • Rushing - The wining team on Perk 'n Points is always the wining team, so if some members on the wining team rushes, they get warned/kicked if they dont listen even after a kick, they get a short ban.[/*:m:2jjq5c34]

These 2 rules only really go in place when im on the server, as many of you are aware, i dont take no shit, i am a little more stricter on the rules but when you play fair, i have no problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.