1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Full screen games randomly minimize

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marvel, Sep 16, 2014.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Anyone else familiar with this issue? I think it's because of my dual-screen setup but I'm not sure. I'm just playing and boom it minimizes to the desktop. I'm not doing anything special. Sometimes it does this two times in one minute, sometimes once every 20 minutes, it's totally random.

If you Google for it all you find is check your PC for spyware blabla which is BS because since I have this PC it's been re-installed like 6/7 times and I always have this problem, for years now and it's driving me mad.

I don't have any problems playing games in a window.

Any idea?

2. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Discussed with marve, i got the same shit. Doesn't matter what OS (Win7/8), it happens every 15/20m. It doesn't seem to happen on games playing in Windowed modus.

Normally i don't really care, but it sucks when you are in the middle of a zombie fight and it happens...

3. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

4. marvel

Hmmm idk that looks suspicious to me. Even if it worked it has to work without 3rd party software right?

5. fnord

iobit has been around for a long time and the installer does not have any hidden toolbars or BS. All it does it stop background process from running while you game so that if your game does not minimize while running the 'game booster' then it is software related. If it is not a hardware or driver issue, then it must be windows I would imagine.

6. LentoMan

LentoMan Member

Have you tried playing a movie in fullscreen with Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (alt+enter)?

If I remember right it will tell you what window or task that stole focus when fullscreen was lost.

http://mpc-hc.org/

Edit: Seems it may have been a bug in MPC-HC that has been fixed.

But yeah it may be related to your dual screen setup, are you playing mouse games? Maybe you are moving the mouse to the other screen and clicking outside the game window?

7. tank

tank MG Donor

Is it happend will all games you play or only with some leatest games, maybe is the some game issue itself with a game, idont think neather is a spyware,malware problem.

8. marvel

I think it's with all games, seen it in at least 4/5 games.

I'll try gamebooster thanks :)

9. TastyFish

TastyFish Member

I have a dual monitor setup. I run the game in window mode (no border). I haven't had this happen in a while but sometimes when I click on my other monitor the game minimizes. I do this when the game is loading or I am dead and want to surf the web. Not sure what caused it other than maybe a graphics or game update?

10. fnord

I setup a second monitor specifically to browse the web and such when dead or loading and had the same issue. You would think Windows could run the game in full screen on one monitor and leave the other free for browsing but NOOOOO.

11. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

If it wasn't you accidentally pressed any shortcut keys, I would suspect it's one of the programs that calls "SetForegroundWindow". I've got one of them that does the same thing but it only runs once after it starts.

12. marvel

Well so far so good with gamebooster, played a few hours and no minimizes :)

Still too early to tell though that happened before.

13. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

gamebooster?

Sounds suspicious. o:

14. erik

erik MG Donor

It's just a third party utility that has shortcuts and non-invasive optimization options in one place