1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Forum software migration

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Apr 5, 2017.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

I'm super excited to announce that we are finally ditching this awful vbulletin 5 forum software soon and move to Xenforo. We will then have a chatbox without error 500, a working mobile version, a better reputation system and a site that's fast and snappy instead of this resource hog that sometimes takes 20 seconds to load.

The goal is to migrate all data so posts, forums, users etc but vb5 migrations are not so very well supported (since nobody uses vb5 for obv reasons) so it could be that we will be losing some stuff. I'll keep you up to speed though on the process.

Cheers!

2. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Active Member

wow gg marvel firing shots one by one first asia server and now forum like a pro. hehehehehehehehehe :)

3. glad to be finally moving away from that god darn chatbox 500 error. a pain in the ass to be dealing with when trying to chat on the forums xD. I might as well make sure to back up my posts just incase they do get deleted. would also be good if other people who made guides on this could do so, would save alot of time on trying to remember stuff :)

Anyways thanks for letting us know that we will soon move to another forum. On the bright side its for the better good of mgftw it gets done :)

4. SanAtlas

SanAtlas Game Server Moderator Staff Member

i didn't expect it will happen, i'm so excited about that, many thanks marvel :)

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Guys just fyi, if you have username with weird characters in it you may need to re-register once the migration is complete. Xenforo doesn't accept usernames like that.

Don't worry btw posts will never be gone we will always keep backup / read-only access to the old forum.