1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Exploding cars.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tricky, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Exploding cars.. You love them or you hate them.

Personally I hate them. Since the rep system has been down there has been an increase in exploding cars causing incaps everywhere I look. Personally I cant see a reason for the cars to explode. They don't benefit anyone in anyway (Except trolls) and it's hard to determine an accident or an intentional shot.

I would love to see this removed.

Discuss.

2. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps a way of keeping them would be to show a dialogue such as:

[PR] Player |MG| Adward destroyed a car!

But yeah, the lack of consequence for destroying cars certainly isn't something that can stay as is.

3. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Though this wouldn't help with identifying if it was accidental.

4. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Indeed, but you could establish patterns of people repeatedly blowing them up.

5. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Just minus 100XP and 10 bounty for exploding one, intentional or not. Same with the witches, huge abundance of intentional startles going on right now. It should remain in place for when the Rep system returns.

6. dikew

dikew Member

neither do I, if 2 or 3 cars exploding in the same time, most of the time MG Server will crash.

7. erik

erik MG Donor

Explosions in general lag the server.

Exploding cars are too common of an occurence. There are enough to crash the server if all triggered; because of that, we either must nerf the effect, remove them, or make it something that gamers do NOT want to sit around and do out of boredom or trolling.

There's no rep system now. DESPITE LIKING OR NOT LIKING REP, it made people play more consciously and competitively. With it NOT there, every map you have some dick who wants to blow everything up.

I love the idea for a prop_physics file or entity to be able to explode! However, in the case of the exploding cars plugin, it's just making things un-fun for the PR-CO people especially.

8. MarksmanR

MarksmanR MG Donor

Make it so if you blow up a car, you automatically die. If possible make it humourous: The player who blows up a car automaically launches high in the air then dies mid-air.

9. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Some people would enjoy that and repeatedly do it though, taking a valuable player slot on the server that someone would greatly appreciate. I really cant see a way of deterring people from doing it other than removing the exploding cars completely.

10. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

Obviously we need to punish players who constantly blow cars just for fun an these players only. They are doing so because there is explosion knock back people are flying and so on.
    So how about we either increase or lower the effects of car explosion ?

In one situation we have car that exploded and effect is similar to destroying both propane tank and Molotov. This wouldn't eliminate cars and add other strategies of using them to block infected and wouldn't be so annoying.

Other option to make car explosions much stronger which would kill everybody in an explosion radius. I am aware some people would be even more encourages to explode them but you would get a message who destroyed it ( player A killed Player B for accident) and if it happens more often then necessary he can be vote kicked or even autokicked for excessive killing. If someone would destroy the car from greater distance and not harming anybody it shouldn't be a problem. I realise it's not necessary to working with my first paragraph but there is need of other players to be aware who is our happy car destroyer and some victims of this player to do anything.

That's what I think could be made as I like idea of exploding cars as it gives some more reality into the game and allows different strategies to be made.

11. However, this option, like what previously mentioned, would tend to lag the server again. Would prefer a much more subtle method of punishment, as what Rabbit had mentioned, to deduct their exp, cash or bounty. And if the player continuously blow up more cars, double or triple the amount of exp or cash to be deducted.

12. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Or maybe a new idea altogether.. A counter that counts the number of cars destroyed by a person. After a certain amount of cars say 3 or 5, they get banned for a few hours. The counter then gets reset every other day so that people who destroy them accidentally, don't get punished.

13. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

This issue has been going on for years. You will never be able to catch the culprit unless he/she deliberately does it.
    Anyone last shot could have triggered an impending explosion during a game.

Either remove the explosion effect or live with it.

OR buff player's health and knockback against car explosion.. this will tremendously improve it.
    But this will lead to buffing zombie and special infected health too in order to meet the balance in gameplay.

14. erik

erik MG Donor

Whoever does the most damage to the car should get the penalty and be PR-tagged as the one who caused the explosions.

They cause structural farming. Exploding cars can add 20 minutes++++ to a COOP map alone.

Guy waits at back to blow up car. Does. Sit there and farms commons. Wait 5-8 minutes in the saferoom. He catches up, but gets incapped. Go save him, they get attacked. He dies? Some !rep or bounty-greedy jerk defibs him by reverse-walking the map!

+20 minutes onto the map. Next map? We lose gamers. They're bored & pissed and don't have a good time.

It is NOT fun to just walk through the zombie apocalypse and not fight, nor push through it. The explosive fucking cars are dictating too much of how (at least PRCO) will go.

It's just so pathetic seeing 5 desperate people for those CI kills crouching near a burning car at the end of c2m1_highway... so they can be the one to do it.

Too many reasons for it. They're a great IDEA and a great, well-written plugin, just not for PRCO.

15. tank

tank MG Donor

Why not code only one type a car to make possible to explode and others not, others can make only smoke, like now evrithing exploding even military cars,buss... lit OP + traps
    Lets have fact that even in real life will never all cars have full tanks with gas so does not make all cars explode.
    If only one type car will explode will be easy to see who abusing explosions and who not.
    I think explosions are fun some cases on servers but now is litt too much.