1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Exploding cars are just TOO much fun.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DregonSteps, May 11, 2015.

1. DregonSteps

DregonSteps Junior Member

Although they take quite a few shots, exploding cars can be tonnes of fun. They always go somewhere unpredictable, or blow up other cars, or destroy your rep. This is what happens when someone is on an exploding car that's about to explode.

Trollestia best tyrant 2015.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. erik

erik MG Donor

I absolutely hate the exploding cars. They only end up pissing someone off in the end. Nothing lags a server harder than explosions.

I get the point of the plugin and agree that it adds realism and challenge (and even the chance for some strategy, especially in PR-VS,) but wanted to do my obligatory advice on the cars issue.

- If you're going to strategically blow one up in COOP, make sure you do it quickly.
    --- Making everyone wait while one gamer is always at the back blowing up cars is Structural Farming, and can cause bans.
    - Please don't just shoot cars for the sake of igniting (but not blowing them up.)
    --- This always causes a Rep. Troll effect on someone who didn't intend to do it; We can't tell you how to play but we do request that people not be dicks on purpose
    - Fact: Explosions cause MAJOR lag on our servers. If you want to blow up a car, please don't do it while the server is already lagging; no one wants to crash!
    - We will NOT honor ANY requests for "resetting" reputation. No one earns a -5.0 rep without trying to get one. Under no circumstances do we reverse rep, even as a 1-time courtesy. Please know that if you intend to tinker with explosions.
    - Buy the High Rep Buff for COOP! It will help you if you cause incaps/teamkills
    - Lastly, WATCH THE teamkilling and incapping; if this happens more than once or twice, it's seen as griefing against others, or trolling them, and that's not allowed.

3. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Eric and will add that most things like farming, blowing up cars, defibing people way back at the start of the map, etc, all come down to keeping the game flowing. No one wants to wait for one player to go do whatever they want while everyone waits.

4. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

I've mentioned the blowing up cars things a few times, and don't get me wrong, yes it can be fun but I'd rather it wasn't there at all if i'm being totally honest, and here's why:

(As erik mentioned) The amount of people that shoot them to the point of "about to explode" and let someone else do it accidentally is EXTREMELY annoying. Especially if it's a new player that has no idea it can happen, and their rep is instantly owned because they take out half the team.

And almost as annoying, and not only is it annoying it's blatant farming, doing the above throwing a bile jar at it, then exploding the car to farm points, that's not what either the bile jar or the exploding car is for, so please DON'T do it.

5. chompski

chompski Junior Member

Maybe remove the gas-can near the car for VS.....At crash course vs i once accidently shoot a gas can and cause like 5 car explode, in result it kills some people....
    As for COOP i actually agree if the exploding cars are removed, considering the cars doesnt actually do anything except learning to fly with it.. So maybe put back the bouncing car in COOP :))

6. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I have had my rep get dominated because of the above :D

But I think the cars should still be able to blow up!

7. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Maybe only tanks should be able to trigger explosions. This way, we could still get to see the explosions and fear surrounding cars when tanks appear.

8. erik

erik MG Donor

This is a really good idea!!!!!!

9. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

+1, top idea.

10. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

People playing as tanks could probably use more cars to hit indeed.....