1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Disabled Add-ons

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by R.B., Mar 25, 2016.

1. R.B.

R.B. Guest

So HC descided to disable all addons to the server, which is very understandable since players could use addons which revealed special infected or let weapons shine up.

However i would rather see some specific addons disabled since without the game looks terrible and players can fit the game to their taste.
    Thats why i am asking, wether its not possible or even better to Ban certain addons for certain items. Make it a rule that people cant use addons for Hunters/awp's and other stuff what could make the game easier. Even to remind new players and old players is to show this rule in-game, the same as the message for new players shows up now and then.

Or is it even possible to decode it that way u disabled addons for items instead of all items as is right now?

Please dont let me continuely have to look at this ugly standard deagle :(

Grz,
    RB

2. XeroX

XeroX Junior Member

3. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

I think the game is fine without add-ons.

4. catherinelei

catherinelei Junior Member

IF THIS WILL BE DONE IN COOP...

I have a "friend' who is color-blind and my brother is too. I myself also have trouble seeing things in the server. I will probably play less bec...

1. I can't really see well without it because of my bad eyesight. (and yes I wear glasses but sometimes it gets super blurry and teary if u have a condition)
    2. Add-ons are the things that make the game exciting.
    3. Limiting the game even more will make the server lose MORE people.
    4. It is so hard to play now without an admin and gather people, I know a lot who play in MG and uses add-ons too.
    5. I love MG so much but losing people to play with makes it boring and YOU EVEN GET ACCUSED OF FARMING IF YOU PLAYING ALONE or like IF TWO PEOPLE PLAY.

Come on people! Think logically. I am not going to play in a server with my mods not working. There are a lot of other servers. LAG is an issue for a lot already since asia and us went down. I CAN'T ANYMORE. I wanna stay as much as possible.

Please do not do this.

Thank you for reading this. Then again, this is your server and I respect the decisions you put in it. I am just stating my arguments and STATING FACTS.
    I will still play but not as often and will not be donating. I love my clan. But the server, honestly is becoming boring. Playing with few people isn't fun and getting low level tanks makes it harder for the lowbies to level up. No one is brave enough to play alone unfortunately. I do not also want to be ACCUSED of farming AGAIN.

p.s. It is not our job to level to those who do not know how to put on add-ons. WHAT YOU CAN DO, is request the higher levels to give way to the lower levels. That is what we do when we play with low levels since we reached max.

5. ChooChoo

No, no, no. Maybe you misunderstood me. The add-ons thing mentioned above is for Hidden Infected only. It's to keep the game fair between Hidden Infected/Survivors/Detectives.

This doesn't apply to PR-Coop or PR-Versus.

6. XeroX

XeroX Junior Member

Well but its stilll kind of a punishment for everyone just because some ppl have to cheat using shiny models. sv_pure might be a mix for both things. Allowing addons and disabling cheating ones by just enforcing the hunter / awp (or weapons in general) model to be default on HI

7. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

sv_pure does not work on left 4 dead 2

8. ChooChoo

I am sure add-ons are only disabled for Hidden Infected, and not PR-Coop or PR-Versus.

This is to simply keep that specific game mode fair for all players.

9. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I started reading this and thought NOOOO, but for HI only, that makes sense c_/