1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Combine Immolation and Flaming Sword Buffs together (POLL)

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Mar 8, 2020.

?

Should we combine Immolation and |E| Flaming Sword Buffs together?

1. Yes, I feel that they both should be combined into a more useful buff!

83.3%
  2. No, leave the buffs as they are. Neither of them is that bad :(

16.7%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My response is in the forum post below!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Hey'll, decided I'd make a poll forum thread about these 2 buffs in mgftw that I think should be combined together into 1 stronger buff.

My current thoughts below on buff usage:

Immolation Buff
    As far as I know, I hardly see anyone using this buff outside of the bonus toaster buff effect. While it does have its uses in specific scenarios where you'd like to not be slowed, players would prefer to just deal damage to the tank and/or resist being focused while frozen (in the case of Freezing Tank). As for Frozen Drainer Tank, most players don't tend to set it on fire causing its slow to not affect the players too much.

|E| Flaming Sword Buff.
    Flaming Sword Buff is more commonly used in COOP (not Scenario) and VS, for its ease of use against the CI, allowing you to quickly mow them down and can be quite effective against SI, allowing the fire damage to kill them off if your melee weapon did ignite but not kill the SI. You can also combine this buff with the |E| Deep Cuts buff for the melee weapons that do use both buffs to get the most use out of your melee weapons usage on tanks. Not much else I can say that's holding this buff back from being useful.

Below is the current description of the two buffs:

7. Immolation+

Buff Requirements:
    Cost: $67,500 Cash
    FR-Pills Cost: 150 FR-Pills
    Required Level: 201

Description:
    Pressing the ZOOM key with a molotov in hand will consume the molotov, igniting yourself. You gain 20% slow reduction and any infected nearby will immediately catch fire. While active, you take 5 damage every 0.5 seconds.
    <Duration: 25 seconds>
    <Cooldown: 25 seconds>
    <✖ VS>

19. |E| Flaming Sword*+

Buff Requirements:
    MG Store Cost: $2.00 USD
    MG Store Link: https://store.mgftw.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=7&product_id=35

Event Requirements:
    Get it for 75 Fruity Candies from the Fruity Candy Market within !event. Only during the Halloween 2017, 2018 and 2019 events. Obtain it from the White Chocolate Box for 15 Cupid Tokens, letting you get the buff at random from the list of buffs you don't yet have.

Description:
    Sets your melee weapon on fire, making it instantly ignite the infected it hits and deal a mixture of fire and melee damage instead of just melee damage.
    <Works only with the Katana, Machete, Golf Club and Combat Knife>

If you were to combine them into 1 buff... how would this buff work and what would you name it?

Here's my thoughts below

EDIT: Edited the buff

Fire Man

Buff Requirements:
    Cost: $90,000 Cash
    FR-Pills Cost: 250 FR-Pills
    Required Level: 215

Description:
    Allows you to make use of fire in your melee weapons and molotovs with a Burning Gauge. Metal based melee weapons gain fire affinity, can deal a mix of fire/melee damage to infected and lose 1% burning every second. Using a molotov in hand with ZOOM key restores full Burning Gauge but also allows you to ignite nearby infected (not tanks) for 150 HP/s (50 HP/s in VS).
    <60 seconds cooldown for molotov usage>

Feel free to leave your thoughts below of how you would combine Immolation and |E| Flaming Sword Buffs together. Additionally, you also could just leave whether or not these two buffs should be combined together at all or left alone. The POLL is above!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Binsen likes this.
  2. Binsen

Binsen MG Donor

Id say it would make it interesting, However, even tho combining these 2 buffs together, it would not make them as playable as it sounds.

How about making a "Burning Gauge" that players can toggle on and off at will, that goes from 100% to 0, that regens by like 1% every 3 seconds (Its an example) and that it can fully replenish by using a molotov in hand?

And it doesnt have to be like "Put the 2 together" It could be placed another thing extra, Like some Percentage Damage to Infected being hit by the fire sword or the inmolation aura (So it bypasses fire inmunity if you have searing flames enhancement)

However, It would be nice to have another Meele option taht is not smasher pan (Even tho smasher pan is the best buff kekw)