1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Bug on the map "The Passing" - PR Servers

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Guest, Jul 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Could this be fixed where the bot zoey ends up on bridge after leaving the saferoom for the finale, as its so annoying having to re-join all the time.
    And not only me, but a lot of people like to have her as their character. :D

2. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

I believe if people don't rush and wait until everyone has been loaded, this won't happen.

3. erik

erik MG Donor

It's not exclusive to that map. It's ANY OUTDOOR MAP that does not have a tangible saferoom door to keep people from leaving.

The rule of thumb is to be courteous to other players. Being a dick and rushing out before everyone loads, or at LEAST 75% of the player count from last map loads is considered rushing. This can and will get someone banned.

They're doing it at their own risk, and we will catch them. Don't hesitate to send some names our way on Steam so we can help catch them earlier.

Thanks,

4. Fitz

Fitz MG Donor

It can also be done as Francis. Not 100% sure about Lois, but haven't say I've tried.

Basically, if the finale has bot-controlled players of the original survivors (most commonly with servers using !csm), it will move whoever is using the remaining three into their 'respective' positions on the bridge, as if they were bots to begin with.

This isn't the only server to have this bug, and it really has nothing to do with rushing or who loads last... Just something to be mindful of. Or just spawn as Bill...

5. tank

tank MG Donor

Its not a bug, just that old l4d1 characters will be teleported on their spots in game of L4d2 since they are played by bot on that map. Anyway remember before you culd start elevator and you will got teleported on balcony over the Pub usually playing together with zoey,but only way was to leave the floor to leave room through window then jump on crane and from crane was way down to jump on ground floor. :)

6. stephane7833

stephane7833 MG Donor

On PR16coop server, Like ValerieAnn, I have same problem with francis on the last map "the passing". My bot francis ends up on the bridge (no rush Team). :pout:

Another problem on the 1st map of "the passing" with francis since I have a status of donor after only a few seconds into entering the first building, I receive the following error:

disconnected Kicked by Console : CBaseEntity::InputKill(). |:(

No other problem on other maps of "the passing".

Will there any solutions to these two problems that I encounter ? Thank you in advance for your contributions.

7. erik

erik MG Donor

The trapped bot thing happens with any character but bill. Please avoid using csm until the elevator finishes. If you spawn as Zoey, Louis, or Francis, use csm to get out of that until the elvator stops.

CBaseEntity::InputKill() is a very specific error. The best way to describe it is as a "conflict." Like, if you're in the initial hallway in the Carnival finale, when someone hits the button, it kicks you and gives you the CBaseEntity::InputKill() message.