1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Buff AWP damage

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by Rym™, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Rym™

Rym™ Junior Member

From my experience the damage dealt by the awp is low for the effort it requires to deal it's damage considering ping and lerp.

It is possible to deal higher dps through easier means by using other weapons.

I suggest an outright increase on awp's damage while scoped or sniper damage boost in form of buffs that you need to equip.

2. timkit

timkit MG Donor

It takes skill and practice to become a good DPS player with the AWP and the SCOUT overtime. You can't always expect to hit every single shot on the tank or SI. However, you shouldn't underestimate it's damage potential when using it yourself, regardless of ping or lerp.

I have to agree with you on the 2nd point though, assault rifles generally deal higher DPS since you need to be closer to your target to hit it.

as for an increase in the AWP damage? my response to a suggestion such as that is the answer: no.

The base damage that you can deal with it while scoped in (500) is already very well compensated for by the slow fire rate and the long reload time that it has.