1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Bile price increase.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tricky, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Miscellaneous Announcements and PR / HI Notes
    PR-COOP servers will have some adjusted bounty prices for !buy.

People are exploiting the cheaply-priced propane tanks and oxygen tanks. They spam them so that tanks stay 100% stumbled 100% of the time, preventing them from attacking. This is not a gaming or playing style; it's exploiting the PR system. They are now 20 bounty, which will appear as a "negotiated" price depending on your buffs.

Bile Jars are now 12 bounty. I get complaints about this daily. Moribund Farming buff holders will sit there and spam bile after bile, all map, every map. Right out of the saferoom. The rest of the server hates this. They get pissed off, and rightfully so. When every map is a non-stop bile fest and then we are forced to wait on them and badger them into the saferoom... well, that's not COOP gaming.

The bounty adjusted prices are here to stay. The prices are reasonable, even for tanks that need to stay biled to be beaten.

Posted by Erik.

With regards to the above, I must ask why you have posted the thread and closed it immediately? Why not give the community the chance to discuss the changes amongst themselves rather than feel they cant openly voice their opinion on the matter?
    This is a change that may affect game play and punishes the majority over the minority. We can all agree there are more players that play for what MG offers rather than trolls, so, why increase the price that affects EVERYONE?

The cause of the increase is because "Moribund Farming buff holders will sit there and spam bile after bile, all map, every map. Right out of the saferoom." I understand that. I can see it as an issue that needs to be addressed but not by affecting EVERYONE. You can put a timer on gem crafting.. why not put a timer on purchasing bile bombs so that the people who repeatedly spam bile jars, cant, and the people who do not abuse the system can still get a reasonably priced bile jar.

I think the propane/oxygen tank price increase is VERY fair. They are not a commonly bought item and the only reason they are bought is for the above mentioned. I commend this decision, however to write a post saying this is this and that is that and immediately close it with no option to discuss or put forward ideas without making a new thread (As I have had to) I feel is the wrong way to announce a change.

I speak only for myself, I'm sure others have varied opinions.

Wishing you marvelous gaming,
    Tricky.​

2. Left4Bed

Left4Bed Guest

What if there is a limit to purchasing them, as with the guns?
    Make the first two a reasonable price, and then for a third either make the price insane, or simply say, "sorry you have reached your bile purchase limit!"

3. Jura

Jura Member

That would be perfect, but maybe after third would be better.Anything would be better than what it is now I mean it's not even 12 it's 15 bounty for a Bile Jar.That's just too much.I myself never saw someone spamming bile.I use them only for tanks,rarely for anything else, and I use it not to inflict damage as much as I use it to see where the tank is located so that it doesn't surprise me behind a corner or something.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

I closed it because I wanted to make an announcement, not start a discussion. That's why I put in the announcement section.

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely thrilled you have so many opinions, but this is the place for them, not in an Announcements area.

5. MarksmanR

MarksmanR MG Donor

Maybe make the bile limit 10+ because sometimes a round can last for an hour.

6. Or there is no bile limit when tank is around ,after tank dies,the limit is back.(Just like that we cannot choose buffs when tank is alive)

7. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Buff selection is disabled throughout the game I believe. Not just when tanks are around.