1. Our brand new Los Angeles server is live now!

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Balancing Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by Kirisu ღ, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Kirisu ღ

Kirisu ღ MG Donor

Opinions on the update (regarding the Specials)

- Spitter is literally the scariest among anyone after the update, despite nerfing the god frames of the spitter (and smoker) has, the spit will really ruin your movement. A nerf on its slow perhaps might be needed

- Hunter's Phantom Ability needs a limited people to get pounced with too, not everyone close in range [maybe lesser range for the phantom, or limited people]

- Charger's punch needs a drawback on the knockback, other than that, its completely balance. [Additional buff on charger: An AOE that stuns a certain range when it punches (one-time)]

- Boomer needs a slight nerf on its slap, from normal to uber (just a little bit) Vomit gas cloud needs a nerf on the shake, might be another reason why its hard to move, parameters can be changed somehow to lessen shake, or reduce the duration of the cloud)

- Jockey pretty much balance, only the high jump needs a nerf somehow (maybe a slight cooldown? like there must be a mix of normal jump and high jump when pounced)

Suggestion? What could be added somehow as a buff/skill/upgrade:

- Skill for reduced spit slow (or buffs) [skill works in coop, so it may best be only there]
    Edit: I know Slow Resistance is there, just need a quick additional resistance over-all as to not be completely paralyzed by spit

- Upgrade on Knockback resistance

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

The slows can get a little much, as well as the damage, slightly lowered both.

I think the Phantom Hunters are fine, since they only last 10 seconds and do 50% damage they're more an inconvenience than raw damage.

The knockback punch does already have a drawback, a charger with it has -45% attack speed.

I think the slaps are fine as is, Uber Boomers are meant to be feared, but I agree with the vomit cloud, they were refiring a bit too often and applied too strong of a slow. I increased the refire time from 0.25 to 0.5 seconds and halved the slow strength.

The jump height and delay are all random. It might sometimes high jump, sometimes not.

I don't think an upgrade is necessary right now, since as you mentioned, the buff has a rather dramatic effect as is, and combined with the aforementioned slow reductions, it might be ok. One change I've made is that the Anti-Gloo clan benefit now works on all slows not just from Spitters.

Kirisu ღ likes this.
  3. Kirisu ღ

Kirisu ღ MG Donor

Again, thanks for giving thoughts on this one.

Uber Boomer's vomit cloud is so freaking scary, so thanks for nerfing it somehow ><