1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Anyone played 7 days to die yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JorisK, Sep 10, 2014.

1. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

I got it, played it, kinda suprised how hard the game is.

It's a MMO survival/crafting/zombie game, with tons of items to craft/build. Staying alive is very hard, especially in the beginning. Zomies are simply everywhere, sometimes they even show up in massive hordes (50+ zombies)

Houses can be built, you can also dig a massive underground cave, build structures in concrete, wood, iron or anything else.

The game is (ofcourse... pfff) still early access. Animations have not been polished yet but i consider the game playable.

Anyone else here played it yet? If so, maybe teaming up would be a good idea, as the game is freakin' hard.

2. erik

erik MG Donor

A lot of my friends play this and everyone recommends it! I don't have it though. Looks fun in my opinion

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Same as erik, seen a few people playing it and it's on my wishlist, not got it yet though. Will probably pick it up soon!

4. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Seriously go get it :)

I played it with Marve tonight, was big fun. It's kinda like a DayZ/Minecraft mix, where you can actually build tons of stuff, in a massive infected world. Zombies are everywhere.

When the sun goes down, you better don't get outside and stay low, because the Zombies during night are way more powerfull. During night i always stay in my house/cave and lay low, repairing tools, crafting bullets etc. Getting outside is like General Melchett said: "Operation Certain Death".

We got a dedicated server running for MG: 217.23.12.167:25000.
    For now 16 slots, we can always upgrade it.

For newbies: you will find out the game is pretty hard on your own, especially when you never played it. As the server is not crowded atm, you won't be troubled with PvP.

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Amazing game! Play it guys! Search for mgftw in the server filter :)

6. erik

erik MG Donor

Soudns fun and expansive based on some stuff Marvel told me... can't believe we already got a server going. I'd love to try it sometime

7. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Joerve now also joined the club :)

8. erik

erik MG Donor

So you, joerve, marv and me all have it lol

Joerve clint eastwood lmao

[​IMG]

Gonna play it tomorrow, this is gonna be a riot :D

9. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

People seriously you gotta play it, its big fun :)

We built a concrete bunker/house, took some smelly shit (that attracts zombies), grabbed guns and waited for a massive horde to arrive. We got completely overrun and owned by 50+ zombies :)

Gotta say, i'm really suprised how fun this game is. There's tons of bs survival games around these days, but this one is defenately cool!!

10. erik

erik MG Donor

Are you sure we're playing the same game here?

So far, I've collected a ton of rocks and cinder blocks, been murdered by bees, dogs, and zombies, and searched through trash piles and managed to obtain a feather.

I can't figure out how to bring up the menu to craft but hopefully that 44 magnum that is on the list can be crafted from rocks and feathers and sticks.

Where are the forts and guns? Help me

11. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Try connect to the MG server, we got stuff over there that helps you on your way :)

12. erik

erik MG Donor

Oh man yeah I was on the MG server lol!

Joerve was there but he left shortly after I joined

I suddenly felt very tired today so I'm not gonna be online (unusual for a Saturaday I know lol,) but I will game tomorrow, hopefully you will be there man. Would be nice to play again anyways

13. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

It's quite easy!

Press I and craft an axe, basic materials are: grass, a stick and a stone.

1) Grass can be found by punshing the grass on the ground
    2) Stones can be found everywhere (small stone)
    3) Sticks can be found by taking sticks from a bigber bush

After you got them, press I and check the resources button:
    1) sharpen the stone you have
    2) Convert the grass intofibers

Then you have all the ingredient for an stone Axe. With a stone axe you can chop trees, chop big stones, and that will give you the oppertunity to create tools. Then create a small camp (underground or upperground), start creating guns, creating food and meanwhile survive all the zombies and PvP :)

I'm still free tomorrow so if you want to play, hook up on teamspeak :)

14. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Here's some funny pics, look at our "Bunker" where we shelter during the nights, when zombies get more agressive and going out is a bad idea:
    [​IMG]

Also note the horde zombies that is about to attack, and the neat cornfield on the left, they provide food :)

On the outside the bunker looks quite sad, but meanwhile marvel already has started turning the bunker into a crib xD

[​IMG]

Note the vaults that contain our guns, ammo, food and other supplies. In front you see the forge room where all ground resources are melted :)

More will follow :)

15. marvel

Here's a short video guys so you'll get the idea. Shooting a horde here and I'll give you a tour of our bunker which we worked a long time on lol. You'll have to dig rock by rock and craft everything, from concrete to axes etc.

It's during the day so the horde is very slow but they run at night and have dogs with them so you'll better hide then :)

[video=youtube_share;ZZCaMoUQrck]http://youtu.be/ZZCaMoUQrck[/video]

16. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Just bought it :D

17. erik

erik MG Donor

New update make sure you DL it or you cant play

18. erik

erik MG Donor

Thank you for posting this.

I gathered enough stuff to make a club, but after crafting it, I can't figure out how to equip it. What am I missing? (For those who don't know, right click on your items in stock and drag them up to your craft screen then distribute them there.)

19. marvel

Yeah you have to click the crafted item, hold Left-Mouse and move the crafted item to either your inventory where you just store it or below to your tool belt where you can select the item with your scroll wheel and use it.

It takes a while to figure everything out but if you do you're gonna have a whole lot of fun!

I'm glad though Joris did all the figuring out and just told me ;)

20. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

I had to play 3 hours yesterday and i finally learned the basics to survive by myself :D