1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Amazing true personal stories

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vulcan, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

I started this topic some months or years ago but I guess it got purged. I was hoping to get some true personal experiences ranging from funny, tragic, paranormal, satisfying, happy, sad, intense or just another ordinary day just as long as the story is true and personal.

Back in 1992-1995 I was big time into the CB radio and had a massively overpowered and illegal CB radio in my car. I had an attachment welded to my front bumper allowing me to erect an large antenna designed for a house, to boot I was pushing 600 watts combined with the fact I has access to an abandoned Kennedy era nuclear missile base to which I was given the key and combination to locks and it was about 1600 ft elevation towering above much of east Los Angeles. I could see West Covina, La Puente, Roland Heights, Fullerton, Anaheim, Long Beach and even Catalina Island on a clear day about a 270 degree panorama, a high vantage point is known as a perch and I knew of many perches. Having elevation drastically boosts radio power so I was king of the hill and was known as The Desert Iguana. When I keyed up you had 3 choices, turn your radio off, change the channel or listen because you were not able to talk over me. I was loved and hated by countless truckers and other radio freaks. During my last year of medical school I was spending so much time in my car I began living out of it until I passed the national board during which time I met up with Jesse Pinkman's associates a few times.

I stayed on the move never staying more than a couple night on the same perch because my haters put up a $150 bounty on me for any one who would rat out where I was and because saavy operators can triangulate and find you.

People would often ask where I was and I would reply "on top of the hotel Sheriton City of Industry which I could see about 5 miles away and some guys really thought I was there and actually thought I was a security guard at the hotel. Two guys tried to push their way past actual hotel security to the top of the hotel to get me but were arrested instead.

This is better, another time I was in Moreno Valley to visit my dad where I had a perch that was well know to others, it was a little high but was at the base of a much larger hill with some very rugged tracks going up higher. I did not stay there that night but across the valley about 3 miles away at another perch I could see the previous from. So the Barefooted Beach Boy rounded up a posse to get and beat me up and break my stuff. It was night and I could see car headlights gathering at the other perch. Then a supposed CB friend Charlie says go to the other channel to talk in private, I did not trust him and said I am on the hill just above my regular perch. Everyone still thought I was riding my motorcycle with the crazy antenna and as soon as I said that all the headlights came on and they started going up the hill looking for me. After a few minutes all the lights went out and Charlie says Iguana where you at? Whispering I said shit I'm hiding in a bush just a few feet away from these fuckers, again they started up the hill angry and drunk with their 4 wheel drives. This went on for several times until they all got stuck where no tow truck could go. I had such a great laugh I just wanted to share it.