1. Click here to join our community discord server.

All about dat pathing - Future updates

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by ChooChoo, Nov 20, 2014.

1. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Hey there Points Reloaded Versus (PR-VS) Players! It has been quite some time since you heard from me. I have been on a small break, and quietly plotting future map updates that I am sure are much... much... much-ly? needed.

Seriously. Take a look at how old some of the pathing is.

[​IMG]
    Have I really been playing Candy Crush Saga that much?

So, tell me what you guys want to see in future updates! Tell me what campaigns you think need to be re-done first and what should be added or changed up! :)

- Choo Choo

2. ChooChoo

I stop in for a round or two every now and then. :)

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

even more bitchslaps

even more choochoo

even more bitchslaps on choochoo

Seriously though - ALL of those things that players love in terms of slaps and charges. It's no coincidence that the most popular maps are the parish finale, the no mercy finale, the dead centre opener. All FULL of slaps and charges. Obviously you don't wanna go mega crazy, but more attention to the lesser played campaigns would be good too.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

So what's the holdup man? :) Start pathing it up!

5. ChooChoo

Erik, get back to me about it on Steam. :)

6. erik

erik MG Donor

ah gotcha thanks!!!

to be continued

7. ChooChoo

Yep. So I have quite a lot to be done. I know I was in the middle of working on Blood Harvest...

8. erik

erik MG Donor

You should go ahead and get it all written up and ready to publish. The thing you require is massive work, more than I realized or even could have guessed, which is why it's taking so long.

9. ChooChoo

I usually never write stuff down. :D

I mostly just plan it as I go along, slightly somewhat randomness. I do a section of the map as the survivors would progress, and then I look around to see how well it fits and how to continue it. It's kinda the reason a map can take a few hours, maybe even a day or two. I do need to make more use of Stripper source for spawning vehicles, so we can have better variation of colors for cars. Right now, the default color for most cars is white when spawned as a normal object.

Do we have an official YouTube channel? If so, I could actually do a small video for MG about how I make pathing. :P