1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Add more huds

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by LEGEND, Mar 25, 2014.

1. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Hey all,

Was browsing some L4D2 related stuff and found out that you could add more huds into L4D2 on screen. Right now, the interface is a little cluttered.

I'm thinking something like the image below would be ideal. Well, we could change the HUD_FAR_LEFT to show points, HUD_LEFT_TOP to show bounty, etc.

[​IMG]

The great thing about all this is it requires the player to download nothing new. Speaking as a programmer, it requires small (relatively minor) changes to any existing code. Also speaking as a programmer, I always wanted to add more huds to the L4D2 interface because I found it too cluttered, doing it programmatically was a huge pain but with the new extended mutation system this can be done with ease.

Here are some examples that I found that may influence any dev, player, admin at MG in my favour:
    • example1. Shows a whole team's pool of resources.
    • example2. Shows rescue timer.
    • example3. More of a "message of the day" hack but meh, added here because this can be done using huds.

Sound good? :P

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

This could suit especially the Hidden Infected server. (i.e: A body has been found, KOS called, number of confirmed dead).

I can also imagine countless of stuff this could do at points reloaded as well :P

3. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Interesting idea.

4. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

yes i thought about the same. Would be nice on HI-Server.

- Number of total players (in this round, not on server)
    - Names of detectives
    - Number of still alive/"not-confirmed" Survivors
    - If its possible to create a different HUD for infected team: Number of alive infected.

5. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that would help out the game play a little bit...

6. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Can they be key binded so they only show when I want them? If this was implemented, you could have lots of info windows like these, maybe an on/off switch via the regular side menu.

7. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Yes, it would be possible. The only way I think this would be possible is:
    1) All the panels would have to be shown at first.
    2) Switched off according to player preferences.