1. Click here to join our community discord server.

About kills stealling

Discussion in 'Rules & Admin List' started by Hazemberg, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

Should stealling survivor kill against the rules?

e.g.
    On Versus (obviously), a survivor is being caught by a smoker and then a hunter pounce him with purpose.
    Or when you are a hunter, killing a survivor, the tank comes and start punching you untill you die just to get the multi-damage points/exp/bounty from him.

I saw a ban against *P* ARANYA because of this.
    So, is that innapropriate?

2. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

In general I am against it. There are times when it is appropriate. The Hunter will weaken or kill the survivor much quicker than a smoker. If there are other survivors near who might rescue or if the survivor has a medkit it makes sense but the hunter should be invited to do so. When the smoker has a pull with no medkit and no hope of rescue then it is only gratuitous stealing and should be punishible by kick or ban. It is also unethical for a charger to do the same thing, chargers can also steal each others kill and you often see people squabbling over the last survivor and that is annoying. For me it is the hardest to get a good score as a smoker because 75% of the time they just break the tounge and shoot me so it really pisses me off when I finally get a good thing going and some asshole hunter steals my kill, especially when there are survivors still running around.

One more thing, it is not always intentional, I just did it. Say there is a smoked survivor and an incapped one next to him. You can't jump on the incapped one even if it is a little behind almost no matter how high over you jump you will land on the one in front. I don't think it is possible to jump over one survivor to the next, it has never happened for me so jump around and come from the other side.

3. MissMaryJane

MissMaryJane Banned

I think this is crap been gettin killed by tanks constantly just so they get the points

4. joerve

joerve Senior Member

If you are killed by a tank (as infected) it is teamkilling and not legal

5. {BA} L.

{BA} L. Guest

Agreed, but give them a chance to apologise. Sometimes, it is an accident, especially if a tank has him cornered and then you pounce in.

6. Vulcan

Is that why the remaining infected attack each other at the end of a round, to get points? I need to know, because if it is true that you can get points for killing other infected then it would also be true that you lose them if somebody hits, scratches or kills you. I always have refrained from participating on this end round orgy of mayhem because I don't want a team mate kill on my record. If I find out my own team mates are scratching me to get points I am gonne get real mad.

As far as the tank killing you goes during the round this is the way I see it. When I become the tank my blood pressure goes through the roof because I am usually in the middle of staging an epic kill and then yanked away from it. Then some asshole throws fire and puke on me so I can't see so I am running around blindly swinging at things I can't see. The survivors are running circles around me and every swing comes up dry. My swings are so slow that you could build an Egyptian pyramid between the time I push left click and the time the swing happens and that is a lot of time for another infected to get in the way and get killed. However when I am the tank I let the other SI do the mopping up and just stand by in case one gets up. I do not want to kill and CI or SI.

7. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Yeah, one thing that makes me mad the most is when I am an SI and have a survivor about to die or in a place that I can kill them, but then I get the message "You will become the tank". Really? lol. I wish we could veto becoming the tank :P

lol, and the swing....I am half dead by the time I get a second swing in if the team is good.

8. evilpaul

evilpaul <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

People just do it because it's funny, just like they bunny hop around or scratch at the saferoom door - it's something fun to do when the round ends.

As for kill stealing, I would be very careful about punishing people for it. It's very easy to do by mistake, so unless someone is blatantly, continuously doing it, I say don't worry about it. I think it would hurt the game if players became scared of accidently kill-stealing and changed the way they played.

9. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

i find it ok when a hunter(for example) scratch a smokers victim, but when he pounce it, its not ok. or as jockey, when a hunter steal.. why they cant wait till he get incapped....
    to the tank : sometimes it happen that u just punch a survivor and a smoker or hunter wanna grab survivor.. then u kil him and thats a mistake. but when a hunter or smoker got a survivor already and punch then the survivor its kill stealing and team killing. and this i see very often.

10. Vulcan

I had to read it 2x but I get where you are coming from but thats what I was talking about. You are blind as a bat freaking out and stressed because you are the tank swinging at anything that moves while receiving damage and many times you swing just before the hunter or other gets the guy and you kill him by mistake. Yes there are many times the idiot tank has planty of time to avoid this and the bad part is that it is usually not kill stealing but releasing the survivor from your grab then he turns around and shoots you then gets up all his buddies then they all run neatly to the saferoom.

11. Chocobo

A few times I have accidentally killed a fellow SI when I was a tank.

The delay time for trying to hit a survivor (time between when you click and when it says you hit the person) is about one second or more. A few times I have clicked to hit someone, but at the same time a hunter comes out of nowhere and pounces the survivor. It is too late for me to move, so I end up hitting and killing the SI. :(

12. August

August MG Donor

I think for tank teamkilling it will be considered on purpose if a hunter pounces then a tank smashes and kills him then a smoker pulls then the tank smashes and kills - as in you should be able to tell when its intentional. To make sure though, i always apologise when i kill accidently, like when i click punch and (at exactly the same time) an SI goes and attacks the survivors. Admins should take action if its intentional only i guess.

About kill stealing, I'm okay with it in general cause if another SI steals my kill at least it frees me up so i can go get someone else..
    What I CANNOT stand is when im a smoker and i successfully pull someone to the back and this spitter or any other SI comes beside me and scratches the survivor for damage/bounty...
    Its a waste of a player, so to speak, because two SI will be on one survivor... And that's not smart if you want to beat the other team.

About tank killing at the end, its just a TANK HIGH FIVE! No but seriously i see it as just for fun. Just like VICTORY SWIMS when the round ends and the SI jumps into the water..

13. Vulcan

[QUOTE='???? ??G

14. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

I have to disagree Vulcan. The better move is to release the smoker and let him get moving to catch up with the survivors up ahead, while the hunter can finish off the survivor in the back quickly and catch up fast. If the smoker stays back, and survivors don't get far enough ahead to get the respawn choice, then that smoker is going to be doing nothing for a long time while it has to catch up. If I'm that smoker, I want a hunter to come take the survivor so I can get moving ASAP. I don't care about my stats, I care about team success.

As far as kicks or bans are concerned, I say no way. It should be an issue a team works out, and if there's no agreement and it continues... it should be a team votekick and nothing more. There is way to much admining going on. It should be a much bigger issue to merit intervention on the part of admins.

15. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Wow Vulcan I've never seen those, and I would have loved to... THANKS!

I noticed that :
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Protected Teammate 0
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Rescued Teammate +2
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Revived Teammate +3
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Healed Teammate +5

Is not going to help teamwork at all now that people will see... that's way too low.

Killing infected is way better :
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Killed a Boomer +1
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Killed a Charger +3
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Killed a Hunter +1
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Killed a Jockey +3
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Killed a Smoker +1
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Killed a Spitter +3
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Killed a Tank +3
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Killed a Witch +3
    Left 4 Dead 2 Yes No No No Tank Bilebombed +5

Even yet being an infected is awesomely awesome full of bbq :
    Left 4 Dead 2 No Yes No No Incapacitated/Killed Survivor +25
    Left 4 Dead 2 No Yes No No (Boomer) Vomited on Survivor +6
    Left 4 Dead 2 No Yes No No (Hunter) Pounced on Survivor +6
    Left 4 Dead 2 No Yes No No (Smoker) Tongue Grabbed Survivor +6

16. Yvan?vitch

Yvan?vitch Guest

Stealing is most appropriate for instant kills only. Smoker grab and charger or tank throw him out of the bridge, roof, windows. Actually that what we shall always do, look what SI is near you or already in postion and give him the opportunity to do an instant kill. Jockey & charger were also a good combination before the Jockey could jump and throw them away too. If you do that to me I will be more than happy and wont mind at all.

17. Chocobo

I'm kind of in the middle of this topic. I do hate it when my kill gets stealed for no reason, but I somewhat understand where you are coming from. You said that the smoker would need to go and start walking to the survivors, which is not true. I only play PR, but when we kill a survivor who is all alone, we can press "E" to teleport to the survivors. There is no running required.

And seriously, as much as people deny this, because they will, the main reason they play is not to help others and teamwork. They want points and exp! That drives people to do what they do. When most people steal someone else's kill, they are not thinking "Let me help this person by taking their kill so they can get closer to the survivors", they ARE thinking "Hey, this is a chance for me to get some extra points and XP, hot diggity dog!"

Am I wrong?

18. August

August MG Donor

I agree because of that one phrase.

19. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

Agree, same ocasion that a smoker is preparing a survivor for a karma charge/slap on the bridge or No Mercy roof.

When I'm puching a survivor who's down, and then a hunter pounce him, and I'm almost hitting my claw on him, I move my mouse to look up or behind me, then I won't kill the hunter.

20. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

yeah i hate that as well, wish we could pass the tank on, have it as 'Do you wish to become the Tank'