1. Click here to join our community discord server.

14/09/10 - News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SuperBunny, Sep 14, 2010.

1. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Just a little heads up.

This forum now Runs Check IP against DNS Blackhole List which means any bot or spammer that has spamed any othere website or forum in the past gets added to this list, so as soon as you coonect to marvelous-gaming.com your ip gets checked. im am sick of this spamers comeing to |MG|.

If youn can not connect to the marvelous-gaming.com/forum site, contact admin assistance. in othere words me or marvle

2. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

Re: 14/09/10 - News

nice good to know that this forum doesnt get spammed by those damn nerds anymore

3. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

i hope this dosent affect to me... i use lots of ips.. Blackvpn, Ipredator, VPNtunnel, BTguard, etc.. total 500 000+ ips :P

so the question is: what happens if my ip is false positive? my acc gets banned?

4. Ricox

Ricox Member

If you use proxies, then you know you can simply change the IP if the one you used is banned.

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Nice bunny, I'm getting sick of the spam myself. And it happens even with email verification.

6. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Not all bots will be blocked only the KNOWN ones.

This forum gets the lists from http://spamcop.net and here http://spamhaus.org, but our register form, its still just the basic one, (like all othere froms) perhaps if i make some new entrys demarding more info, the bots that try to make an account will get stuck.

further more all thos inactive accounts will be deleted as we have got aggound 300 inactive accounts and neally all of them i bet are bots.

7. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

I added the image verification for registration, so bots cant join so easily.