Would it be possible to add in perma death notifications in some form? (ACCEPTED)

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Mar 5, 2019.

?

Do you think perma death notifications are needed?

1. Yes, I think it'll help us out and make it easier to know :)

100.0%
  2. Nah, the dead players should let us know by default :P

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My response is in the forum post below!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Hey'll, thought this was worth a thread to ask if it was possible to add in a perma death notification feature. To let people know if you're perma dead or not in some way.

EDIT: The suggestion was accepted by mute and is now in-game as of the 6th March 2019. Thanks to all of you guys that supported it :D

From the following steam chat I had with another steam user when he asked me about this:

As far as I know, there are already 2 cases when you are assumed to be perma dead through PR notifications by default:
    - When you are devoured by the Glutton/Supreme Glutton Tank. (Also reflected in discord)
    - When you are successfully eaten by the Reaper Tank. (Not reflected in discord, but probably not needed)

You are also perma dead if killed by any bomb tank related explosion, unless below level 100. So... there's no need for any notification here.

my suggestion for a few more PR notifications similar to those two:
    - when someone is divisioned by shadow tank, you could also reflect this within discord as well similar to the one for when someone is devoured.
    - when someone is executed by the execution mine from soldier tank, you could also reflect this within discord.
    - when someone is executed by the supreme executioner tank. no need to reflect this within discord.

Again, the players that are dead can let the other players know if they are perma dead or not (damage notifications is an easy way to tell if you died by fall damage). The way to tell this through fall damage is if you take anymore than 1500 (or 1800 with |E| It wasn't that high Buff and you already used your secondary effect). However, sometimes not everyone else gets the same message and it can be hard to tell when looking for the corpse if a dead player is perma or not.

Having some or more these PR notifications around could save a bit of trouble and time. But I don't think it would be quite simple to be able to implement it because of the way ragdolls are handled.

The perma death notifications:
    - for all survivors.
    - will be turned off by default, and there should be an option to leave it off if you don't want it enabled.

A simple example of 1 such perma death notification by fall damage:
    [PR] "player" (lv. 250) is permanently dead!

another example of 1 perma death is when butcher tank kills someone that doesn't leave a defibbable body:
    [PR] Butcher Tank permanently killed "player" (lv. 250)

I'll leave a poll above about this above. Feel free to discuss your thoughts below!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    oinkoink likes this.
  2. econg

econg New Member

It'd be great if there is a notification!

oinkoink likes this.
  3. Couldn't agree more

4. ChaOs AliCE

ChaOs AliCE New Member

that might be good for telling everyone who was prema and don't bring destory by some group of si at back :3

5. Michaellone

Michaellone New Member

sounds good

6. Sяεтzø

Sяεтzø New Member

Agree and it is better to use custom color text instead using normal color text.

Ex.
    -----------------------------------------------
    [PR] Someone has died.
    [PR] ABC123 has died.
    [PR] Sretzo has died.
    [PR] Sretzo's body was marked a permanent death.
    [PR] Supreme Shaman Tank has spawned.

-----------------------------------------------

oinkoink likes this.
  7. Kael

Kael New Member

I agree, this would help a lot of people.