1. Click here to join our community discord server.

What the Heck? Steam Always Disconnects

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by erik, Apr 23, 2014.

1. erik

erik MG Donor

Lately, I have seen too much of this issue. My friends list will appear offline suddenly and say this:

No network connection could be made to the Steam servers. Steam will automatically retry connection until the service becomes available.

Any Steam Group Chat I'm in or friends chat window will say this:

Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.

What is the problem? This is happening almost hourly and it's ruining my games and lobbies I'm in. This used to be a routine thing about weekly. For a full month now, it's happening almost every hour.

Am I the only one? Or is this happening to everyone else, too? If it's just me, how does one fix this?

2. Penguin

Penguin Guest

This happens with me aswell erik, it's not as often as hourly but it's certainly multiple times a day. It's quite annoying and if there is a specific way to fix it I guess I'm open to suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

This. Though I'm never in lobbies and once you're in game, no connection to the friends service doesn't affect gameplay, I have noticed it is happening more frequently now than ever. You're not the only one affected.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Unfortunately in the other games I play it kicks everyone else from my lobbies... :(

5. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

That sucks. I'm sure enough people have complained about it for it to be fixed soon enough. It's just a waiting game.

6. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

It's probably because you are too damn awesome, and the steam networks can't handle it. :U

7. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Steam is BORKBORKBORK lately tbh

8. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried the beta client? whenever i get nasty issues with steam, i just swap foward and back between Beta and Normal client versions..

9. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Feel like a bit of a tool for just remembering I'm on beta client... That explains it being shite most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. erik

erik MG Donor

Works! I love you.