1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Weather Patterns

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by Sportivoman, May 30, 2013.

1. Sportivoman

Sportivoman Junior Member

HI guys, just wondering if i could make a few valid suggestions ?

Inregards to the weather on the Taviana map, i believe that fog / rain / clouds needs to be removed reason being you cant see anything at night and during the day for a few good hours atleast its not fun being able to see on the ground or in the air for that matter.

Few newbies had been complaining when they first joined in and also will get more players to be long term then short term :)

Dont mind the night / day cycle just needs the elemental weather conditions changed thanks, other then that decent server.

regards Sportivo

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Good idea, I'll fix this with the next restart.

3. Sportivoman

Thanks in kind :) Will let you know inregards to weather pattern.

Appreciate the effort only trying to get more potential long term players.

4. marvel

5. Sportivoman

6. Sportivoman

Ingame right now alot of fog / rain & the viewing distance has diminished alot.

Is there away to pull a weather script off another functioning Taviana server that has the weather removed altogether ?

Time is 10.15am on server.

Cheers again.

7. piiisch

piiisch Junior Member

i agree with this guy.. :D the server patch yesterday didnt do any good. fog is still annoying and really restricting and if i may add, the fact that sun rises at 8am is hard to understand.. it should rise at 5-6am. that way night would be shorter and more players from different time zones would join in..

thanks!

8. marvel

I'll fix it tonight guys I'm drinking beer now :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

9. Sportivoman

I'll drink to that :smiley-signs021:

10. marvel

This should be fixed as of now. I also updated base buildings so the pin code should work now and you always remain owner of your building even after you die.

I also increased the spawn chance on coyote backpacks.

Let me know if there's still anything not right :)

11. Sportivoman

Looks great now :) Played for a good 3 hours and visibility was good albeit in the pitch dark but no rain nor fog i encountered in that time period.

Lovely probally the only item i havent located yet is the Coyote seem to be rare to find anywhere.

Will do inregards to another minor issues.

Thanks again, Sportivo

12. Hakim

Hakim Member

Srry, im disagree with al your sugesstions. You just want to make the game more easy, why? Shouldn't it be tough to survive? Why changing the wetter? It is normal when is rains from time to times. Also it needs be hard to find rare items, not to easy. That is the point of the whole game.

13. Sportivoman

Not at all, im trying to get more players in which will benefit your server no doubt in the long run.

Ive played on some of the toughest servers out there, look at my stats on your server ;) More newbies you get the better in the long run scheme of things being numerous have complained about weather and also not starting with a map (doesnt bother me tho)

They're valid points that's all, no way shape of form trying to make the game basic.

14. marvel

Well the weather is still not perfect for some reason but it is much better already I think. It was just raining too much on Taviana now it's perfect and it rains sometimes.

As for starting with a map, yeah I'm against that. Might as well start with gps, coyote, AS50 and MK48 as well then. Our server is very pvp already so it's nice that you still have to search for stuff like maps, toolboxes etc.

15. piiisch

piiisch Junior Member

Since the patch every single tent i pitched disappeared after the next restart. Also I sawpeople complaining about their base and sandbags disappearing after restarts..

It almost looks like the server restarts without implementing the new built stuff. like the restart would be a reset...
    could anyone please look into this?

also, while viewing distance improved alot for most of the time, yesterday i had a viewing distance of 250m again...

16. marvel

Yes it's a known issue. Since the new release of Dayz Buildings tents and other deployables like barbed wire don't save anymore. I'll look into it.

17. piiisch

piiisch Junior Member

oh thank you!
    i didn´t know this, so i thought it was a server related bug. sorry about that.
    just too bad i lost pretty lot of gear due to this.. ;)
    thanks for looking into this!
    maybe you could let us know here in the forums as soon as the problem is solved? that´d be great!
    thanks!
    lx

18. Sportivoman

^ Same as above lost alot of gear to :( All good tho Dayz always rewards in its own quirky way.

Inregards to startup items im happy with the set inventory and in anycase ive played Taviana so long i dont need a map anyway :) Nice to have a AS50 and Coyote in startup if you're offering tho :P j/ks.

19. Hakim

Hakim Member

Found a coyote backpack yesterday in a shop. So i think the spawn ratio is changed.

20. marvel

Save bug is fixed guys, your tents and bases should save fine right now. If there are still issues let me know.

And yes Coyote pack spawn rate is adjusted ;)