1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Warning to abusive players

Discussion in 'Rules & Admin List' started by joerve, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joerve

joerve Senior Member

Some players seem to think they can do and say anything when there is no admin around, and act like angels when they are.

Well, guess what. Since some time we are keeping track of all server chat.

In my spare time (of witch I have plenty because I have no life) I often review the server chatlog for abusive behavior/language.

So it could easily happen that you are trying to connect for another game on MG and you find yourself banned without knowing it.

Know that we tolerate a lot at MG but if you behave like a complete idiot your not welcome.

Also, if you are offended by someone who is abusive to you, just let us know. We will review the chatlog and take appropiate action.

2. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

Re: Warning to abusive players

That is the primary reason I dropped the [MG] from Vulcan. Yesterday I gave a guy a slap on the wrist 10min ban for killing me while I was a spitter and he a Charger who kept slapping me til' I was dead. After looking at his Steam profile I saw he only had 8hrs total game time and was probably a kid. People do more stupid stuff when they are unaware an admin is lurking.

I wish there was a better way to identify ainbot and wallhack people. Also I would like to see a permanent tag of a players spray just below it in small letters identifying them or for it to pop up when you hover over it.

It might also be an effective deterrent for when a player is banned for it to immediately pop up on the monitor saying who, why and how long but maybe not by who.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.