1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Veteran pistols

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by atreyucore, Oct 25, 2011.

1. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

How do we use it? Does it turn into another gun? How do we tell if it does more damage and do we double pistol it? I have the buff

2. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Or does it automatically turn your pistols in to veteran pistols if you have that buff equipped? Can veteran pistols also be used as a magnum when your incapped?

3. Archangel

Archangel Junior Member

What exactly are veteran pistols supposed to be

4. ecco0

ecco0 MG Donor

veteran pistols, are pistols (duh) that will do 300% to 1500% more damage then a normal pistol.
    so its alot stronger.

from the WIKI

5. Archangel

Archangel Junior Member

Yeah i finally found out what they do in game because atreyu's guild has them

6. ecco0

ecco0 MG Donor

how strong is the pistol ? ofcourse it could kill a CI and a SI with 1 hit, but how much damage does it do to a tank ? more than melee ?

7. Archangel

Archangel Junior Member

I haven't really paid attention to how much damage it does to the tank

8. Raised in Hell

Stronger than mele? Probably but only against SI but against the tank, it isn't all that. Indiana Jones kept shooting me (Tank) with 2 Veteran pistols and they weren't doing much damage at all so my advice is, to fight the tank, use a mele weapon ..

9. Indomitable

Indomitable Senior Member

the damage did say 300-1500% more. the damage you would deal with melee to an SI would then depend on your level of hawk eye and their level of metalized skin. so i guess you have to gauge what level of metalized skin they might have and the level of fast trigger and hawk eye and veteran pistols you have. just sayin'

10. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

im good i figued it out now lol. =p thx though

11. enjoie70

enjoie70 Junior Member

Are they supposed to remain veteran when incapped?

12. Pessego

Pessego Guest

Yes!

13. Striker

Striker MG Donor

I haven't noticed a dramatic increase in the damage my magnum deals... Seems to be just as useless as it was before and our guild does have the buff.

Coming to think about it, how much damage does a magnum shot do? Even at 1500% I don't think it's that much. Not enough to kill a smoker in extreme coop anyways. I shot at one for 15 sec today and it stayed alive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Raised in Hell

Vet Pistols are only useful for VS to kill SI (Not so much for the Tank). The reason they are not affective on extreme because the smokers are sort of immune to fire when they are not smoking someone.. Well they are not immune but it's like they have more HP.. I could waste 40 ak47 bullets on the smoker and most likely he won't die until he is smoking someone. Even a grande launcher won't kill him or maybe m60 as well.

Advantages of Vet pistols over mele:

They do more damage -- They can be used to shoot SI over a distance unlike mele weapon where u can only mele them at a close range (even applies to the tank) .. Vet Pistols can be used even when your incapped so 1 hit to the invisible jockey or any SI will probably kill him

Disadvantage of Vet pistols over mele:

When boomer biled or surrounded by CI, mele is the best way to go -- I've noticed that vet pistols do less damage to the tank compared to mele (not confirmed, but that's how i felt when i was a tank on 2-3 occasions and being shot by vet pistols) -- Also, some tanks may get nervous when 5-8 survivors surround him and mele him rather than shoot him from distance with their Vet Pistols..

15. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

only regular pistols work

16. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

Yeah, so if you plan on using vet pistols, don't have the incapped magnum buff active.

17. TJ

TJ MG Donor

I unequipped magnum buff, but it still shows up when i'm incapped.. O_o

18. Indomitable

Indomitable Senior Member

TJ, i have a similar problem with buffs. one day in coop i decided to equip little gnome buff for fun, replacing heat missile. nowadays, i have to re equip heat missile on every map because for some reason the changes don't save. :/

19. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

the CP did not want to save my buffs. After 5 or more changes it finally stuck.

20. TJ

TJ MG Donor

Well actually, I found out what the problem is. My Desperation skill is maxed so when there are 5 or less survivors alive, all of my buffs are active even when they are not equipped. So looks like I'm screwed there.