1. Click here to join our community discord server.

thirdpersonshoulder mode [config script]

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by CrazyRabbit, Sep 4, 2012.

1. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Some people asked me to post this because they enjoy 3rd person view which I use occasionally when testing my maps, checking out player skins or just want the game to look badass.

Using default c_thirdpersonshoulder will put you in 3rd person view, but your aim will be utter crap because the camera is not set right (hugely off center). This code will fix that and it needs to be pasted inside a file called autoexec.cfg so it loads each time your start the game.

If you don't have an autoexec.cfg you can easily make one with notepad, just when you save the file, use the drop down to select All File Types and name as autoexec.cfg.

Here is the code:

Code:
    bind F9 "thirdpersonshoulder"
    c_thirdpersonshoulderoffset 11;
    c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist 720;
    c_thirdpersonshoulderheight 5;
    c_thirdpersonshoulderdist 40;
    cam_ideallag 0;
    cam_idealdelta 0;
    cam_idealpitch 0;
    cam_idealyaw 0;
    You need to save the file to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\cfg

When you start the game, it will auto execute the file with your code above. In game, press F9 to toggle thirdpersonshoulder on/off. You can tweak the settings above to get a better view by adjusting height and dist. Don't adjust aimdist as it should be about center when you switch between 1st and 3rd person modes.

NOTE: This only works in coop mode.

Cheers, CR

2. CrazyRabbit

I updated the post above with a tweaked code. Now the view isn't as high and has a slight shoulder offset to the right. idealdelta is now 0 and it feels like the character turns quicker when you aim. It's a little bit more like Resident Evil 3rd person now.

If you have a tweaked version, you can post your code below and let others try it out. Everyone has their own preferences.

3. erik

erik MG Donor

So, by third person view, you mean a similar view to what you'd see if, say, a "charge @me" command was used... then you get that camera perspective where you see ur entire body as survivor?

If so, I wanna try this. Thanks.

4. CrazyRabbit

Yes, like this...

[​IMG]

5. CrazyRabbit

Here's a download link of a cfg I made specifically for this, incase any one is too lazy.

Unzip it into your C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\cfg

http://www.mediafire.com/?3mmmn3x9kg4h2oz

Add the following line to your autoexec.cfg if you have one exec thirdperson.cfg and save it. Now it will load the config automatically. If you can't be bothered editing or making an autoexec, then you can type the above line in to the console when you're at the menu screen or when in game and it should start working.