1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

The walking dead - Video game

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Penguin, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Penguin

Penguin Guest

has anyone actually played the game to the walking dead?

i have only recently gotten into the TV show and think its pretty awesome and have been looking at the game that is out for it. I have heard mixed reviews on it saying its been amazing but also that it sucks, curious to see what you guys think on it :)

2. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

Depends on which one you are talking about.

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Is pretty damn terrible. Do not touch. (Unless it's like £1 and you just can't get enough of terrible zombie games.)

Telltale's The Walking Dead is pretty fantastic. HOWEVER: It is not a good game. Let me explain. It is essentially a point and click adventure, and a fairly weak one at that; with each episode only being a couple of hours long, none of the puzzles are at all challenging. Most of the gameplay revolves around reaction based QTEs (press down, press up, mash Q etc...).
    What it is, is an excellent interactive story. Most of the value lies in the narrative and the decisions you make along the way. Without wanting to spoil it, you feel like you are having a big impact on the progression of the story. The writing and the voice acting (with a couple of exceptions) are also pretty damn great. Personally I loved playing it and would highly reccomend it but for the story and the decision making, not the gameplay. (That said you do, in my opinion, have to play it yourself to really appreciate it; watching a video of someone else playing and making the decisions just isn't the same)

3. Penguin

Penguin Guest

yeah it wasnt the survival instinct one all i have heard about that is bad stuff haha.

Hmmm im not 100% sure if i would like this game then from what it sounds like. i might wait for it to get pretty cheap and then pick it up as i dont want to spend nearly £20 for something i "might" enjoy :P

TV show though is AWESOME without a doubt

4. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I have it. I'd have to agree with Vulcan, it's a great story based game, but if you're not much of a story-driven gamer it won't be for you.

It's kinda similar to "To The Moon", which I HIGHLY recommend. A good story driven game gets both the impact of a good plot mixed with the interactivity that makes you truly feel part of the game. From everything I've seen, and my brief play of it, TWD does a good job. £20? Probably not for me, but it's certainly worth picking up sometime.

5. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

Vulcan hasn't said anything here yet... so whut lol???

6. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

oh fuck I need sleep, I swear I read Vulcan

my bad weejockey!
    :X

7. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

As others have said, the story is fantastic however the gameplay isn't all that. If you enjoy an interactive story, get it. You wont be disappointed. If you prefer to have action over a story (left 4 dead is a great example) then stay away, you will be disappointed. I'd advise watching a few lets plays on YouTube just to get a feel as to what you can expect.