1. Click here to join our community discord server.

The best buffs to get?

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by BadLuckBrian, Jan 31, 2014.

1. BadLuckBrian

BadLuckBrian Guest

Hi guys, after playing ~40 levels I just realized I can buy buffs and gets to keep them (not spending them once then buy again as I previously have thought). So which I check on the Wiki and there is SO MANY of them.

Which ones are actually good if anyone can recommend?

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

There are many.. each of them has their own + and -

You should choose those which suits your gamestyle best. If you are tactical and analytic player as a survivor, the trap ability would be very effective in good usage. If you can analyze the best places to set up pipebomb or molotov as a mine, you could ensure a close victory for your team.

If you are supportive player then you would like something which helps your team mates, whetever its infected team or survivor team.

If you are agressive player and fight in front lines, you would probly like to deal as much damage as possible.

If you are a solo player and do not move in groups and take risks and explore buildings and chase after infected, then you need something to keep you alive longer :P

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Stick to your stRengths, especially on VS.

Knife is ESSENTIAL as a survivor, and everyone uses it right up to 215.

Speedy Water is another popular option, with it essentially making water faster than dry land to traverse. Extremely useful.

When you hit level 150, make sure to buy Negotiator and equip it for all of Survivor, Infected, and Coop. It will make sure your life is easy when it comes to the buy menu :)

Other popular options are:
    Adrenaline Run (VERY helpful to outrun coop tanks)
    Shoving expert (no melee weapon? essential. near essential anyway.)
    Shaman Handler (expensive but makes shaman fights a breeze)

For inspiration and ideas, my own (COOP) buff list is:
    Crawling
    Negotiator
    Adrenaline Run
    Shoving Expert
    Tank Lure
    Knife
    Speedy Water
    Goggles
    Anger Fireball
    Finale Dominator
    Knife Bag

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Fuck Tank Lure. You're level 40. I think surviving and optimizing your ability to fight kinda precludes you from wanting to draw stronger tanks in. If that's not the case, good for you. However, leave that essential buff slot open for something else. Let the high level people worry about drawing in the big tanks.

I am max level, so some of these won't apply to you yet. I will tell you this, though... save, save, and save for "Negotiator." This single buff can directly affect the outcome of how ANY PR game will go for you. Until then, here is a crucial one all the pro's and high-level players use, which is now available to you...

Use the "On Fire" buff. This is a life-saver in PR-VS. This is how we ignite tanks who are immune to fire otherwise. In PR-COOP, this is the one that can ignite a Metalized Tank with a magnum, pistol or non-special round bullet. If no one has a molotov and a Metalized Tank appears, the On Fire holders are the ones who save the day. The burn duration is weak, but come on, you had to do nothing but shoot for it to work. :) It's a great buff and you get a lot for it.

IDK why no one mentioned "On Fire" before this.

In my opinion, the others who don't use this are probably fucked in the head.

============================================================================================

EDIT: Check the MG Store in coming days... never know what new products will show up, or what discounts we'll offer. For now, though, if you plan to be a donor, or utilize the Store... a PR x5 (or x10, which is what I use) Booster or GOGGLES Buff will be your most wise choice.

5. *Evil*yank33

*Evil*yank33 Junior Member

Ah don't forget to grab these crazy blue toasters. they unlock new buff slots. Most people are nice and will leave them lying on the ground if they have already opened all of their slots.

View attachment 2083

6. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

oh yeah! ON FIRE is 100% essential, especially in PR VS. Been meaning to add it to my coop selection for a while now, but I've been on vs more.

I'd back up what erik says about tank lure too. Focus on anything that maximises your survivability/damage output at this stage.