1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Tank Lure?? As good as Moribound Farming for now??

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Cheena, Jan 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Cheena

Cheena Banned

I know that Moribound Farming has been removed for the negative outcome it brings. But for Tank Lure, I feel that it is nerfed by a lot. This makes it not worth to equip it. What for decrease its effect?

2. dikew

dikew Member

if it become useless, then we should receive the fr-pills and cash we have spent to purchase that buff, 'cause as far as i know that buff was expensive

3. Cheena

Cheena Banned

I do agree, Big Time.

4. Penguin

Penguin Guest

the only reason you wont see much effect anymore is because there used to be a full game of coop high levels and everyone used to have it on so the tank spawn rate was rather high compared to now where i reckon maybe 1 or 2 use it.

if memory served me right, doesnt it only give you a 1% extra chance of one spawning for every player using it... so if there is only 1 or 2 that is quite a low chance.
    --------------------
    Of course there is always a chance it has been deactivated...but i wouldn't know about that

5. Cheena

Cheena Banned

I wouldn't say 1 or 2 high levelled players in the server, but there are times (for now) when it reaches 6 and yet no effects

6. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Just because they are high level doesnt mean they have this equipped ed

7. I was playing a couple of days ago with a bunch of low level guys on the DC finale and we had a knight tank spawn after getting nothing but bombers and drainers. I think I was the only one with tank lure on in the lobby. It does work but you will more use out of a different buff because of the lack of tank lure users in a single lobby.

8. Cheena

Cheena Banned

Hmm.. You're lucky I guess

9. erik

erik MG Donor

Cheena, yeah, it still works. The percentages won't assure a knight or shaman every time, because tanks now spawn on EVERY SINGLE map. Due to the increased tank spawns, it is not feasible to allow such an aggressive buff.

@Dikew, MG is not a charity organization, nor is it not-for-profit. It's a community, like any other, that requires money to be run. Real money. It is not realistic for us to manually recredit every single person's costs for these buffs.

So, on top of the unrealistic work load that we'd have to undertake to recredit these in-game costs, it would also just be anti-PR. Any buff that is removed is removed for a very, very good reason. It was nothing but generous on HonorCode's part to allow tanks on every map. If it were my choice, I would not have it that way. The community is honestly lucky to have access to a buff like Tank Lure, despite it's effectiveness or longevity.

I also wanted to mention that FR-Pills are now able to be obtained on PR-VS servers, despite how often or not often it's possible. Non-donators and non-store-cutomers have ample (and MANY) opportunities to get FR-Pills/Gems without purchasing them with real money.

10. Penguin

Penguin Guest

They can?! i never noticed this...thahts pretty awesome if you ask me for those people that dont play coop at all.

Is it random tank rewards like you get in COOP im guessing?

11. erik

erik MG Donor

What used to be 'several' gamers is now many high-level gamers who have the Shaman Buff equipped. We include regeneration for it, but because it is so slow and low-rate regeneration, many Shamans die in PR-VS. The reward is the same as PR-CO, which is rather handsome.