1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Suggestionssss (why still no...)

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by MacheteYandere, Nov 15, 2013.

1. 1) Why still no way to check tank hp easily. almost every other modded server other than mgftw you can see the tank hp just by pointing at the tank itself.

I don't see why we have to keybind or type !tankhp when there are more heavily modded servers out there with tank hp easily viewable just by pointing at them.

2) Why we can't jump straight into action upon entering server instead of having to wait 15 min or so for the map to be completed? or worst wait for a body steal to happen..

I am sure there is a way to do that so that it cannot be abused either. maybe like some one time ability to revive players without defib/body that only a lvl215 can use once per map only on coop or something like that..

3) Why is bomber tank still around? Boring and stale tank, it doesnt even remove bodies now. It could do with a complete revamp.

4) dead center still 13 gas cylinders with 16 players....
    -

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback.

1) !tankhp was/is a debug command. It was added one time for debug purposes and we forgot to remove it. Since people used it we just kept it in the code but normally I'm not in favor of showing tank's HP when you aim at him, that would make it too easy especially with multiple tanks on the map.

2) Two reasons, first reason is the plugin we are using is not very good at that. It's impossible to spawn a bot in the middle of the game for you to take over. Other reason is difficulty. That's one of the reasons we've disabled closet rescue as well, we want to give people incentive to survive, not rush and die and oh well I just reconnect or wait for a closet rescue and I'm on my way again.

Spawning in the game as a new player, maybe. You should make a feature request here: http://mgftw.com/bugs because I do know honorcode is currently thinking about rewriting the plugin.

3) Boring to you, doesn't mean it's boring to other people. I like it.

4) I'll fix that for you right now, however next time please use http://mgftw.com/bugs.

3. marvel

I added 27 gas cans to c1m4_atrium and c6m3_port.

Now don't come crying to me later on that there are too many gas cans and the level became impossible :P

I also don't know the impact yet of adding cans, so if there are any issues please report them.

Btw it's gonna take a server crash/restart before it's active.

4. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

1) What's wrong with making a simple bind to check the tanks hp? I have a key bind somewhere along the lines of say /tankhp; wait 50; say /tankhp wait 50; say /tankhp wait 50; say /tankhp wait 50; say /tankhp wait 50; say /tankhp wait 50; say /tankhp....... you get the idea. This keeps the tank hp pretty much on-screen all the time
    2) So a one time command to respawn, then, when you die, you'll leave the server and join again to respawn once again. It's fine the way it is tbh. Most maps last a maximum of say 10 minutes a time and the likelihood of you joining at the VERY beginning and not being able to play is next to none.
    3) Ok, the bomber tank is a bit simple but it's still fun to watch the low levels learn the hard way to stay away ;)

4) In the dead center finale, you barely have time to kill a tank so I cant see how adding more cans is going to solve this at all.

5. TastyFish

TastyFish Member

Regarding the tank, the only thing I would suggest is change the bind to maybe !tank. I say that part only because when I used to manually type it out I always mispelled the hp part for some reason.

Honestly, it doesn't matter now since I have a key binded to !tankhp.

6. 1) like i mentioned mgftw is like literally the only modded coop server where tankhp is not shown just by pointing at it...there are servers out there with tank hp BARS nicely shown to the players..
    its not for the sake of laziness of pressing a keybind
    how about say having an upgrade/ability that allow you to see it?

2) a bit of inspiration from another server: Lethal injection
    the moment you enter in server you can jump straight into action as it immediately spawns you directly to a near player
    no closet rescue but there is a high level ability that allows the user to respawn all dead players.
    it has a higher difficulty which is offset by having players with deployables but its more nice than having to wait forever to start playing.
    being a nice person i have been doing the trick by staying in the saferoom when someone is joining the game so that he don't have to wait for the next map just to start playing. and even then the server screw up and spawn the player in spec mode and upon joining, hes dead.

obviously not suggesting to adopt everything but some things can be adopted for use??

3) i would prefer if the bomber has regular tank hp and do something like laying traps (like our own traps) that can hurt the players, or being able to throw random nades and pipes that hurt players. blowing it self up can be made as a last resort tactic when it has a few thousand hp left, it shouldn't be its ONLY gimmick. at last there is some challenge and not just simply hiding away in one corner.

i even have a nice idea: the bomber tank is only vulnerable to the bombs/traps that it uses...

4) thank you. in case you forgotten when i first started playing mgftw i remembered that dead center finale has 30+ gas cans to fill up and its perfectly fine for then for 16 players. it was reduced back to 13 cause of reducing server player count to 10

7. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

1) I can't say it's a bad idea but it's just that I'm so used to type !tankhp in chat that it'll be just weird haha :p. Anyway, we can always discuss a way to implement this. It honestly isn't much code so it's relatively easy.

2)What we want to do is to allow closet rescue for those who first spawn in the server. Obviously the problem is the reconnect issue, but we'll find a way to avoid the exploit.

3)To be honest, with 16 players all tanks seem just too weak (even the new ones). All tanks should be revamped and that may as well take some time.

4)We implemented a method to raise the gas can method but it didn't work very well (finale escape is still triggered with only 13 cans). We'll figure something out.

8. Potato

Potato Guest

poor bomber tank, i know isnt the best tank, but how about the metal? its almost a bomber tank, u just set it on fire and wait (same as bomber).
    the bomber atleast kill the players without (bomber protection). while metal just punch and waste ur time waiting.

i dont know if its posible but why not make metal tank take damage from a random wep. he needs something special.

bomber tank should be faster to make it harder and if u are incap when bomber explode ull die even with protection buff equip.

about the rescue uh, what can i say, isnt fun wait till next map to play but if u add dolls to take over > i can see the future.

playerxxx finish death toll on mgserver1 > serverbrower> "oh theyre playing final on dark carnival" > he joins and get a doll to take over (just play the finale and then switch to diferent server).

ive seen alot peple join a game when ur on the final but no when ur at first map.

9. marvel

The gas cans do work only the server needed a restart to load the VPK. So right now the cans should be increased.

10. tank

tank MG Donor

3. First thx for making 16 coop server making more success, server are mostly full and sometimess need to wait ot join :)But as u told tanks are to weak its true, specialy when is server full of high lvl, in my opinion shuld spawning 2 tank toghether but diffrent type like Hdeep style.I played couple days ago and was spawning 2 para together all time or 2 normal tank,suggest spawn maybe together para and metalized, or metalized or knight, i dont see drainers anymore.Anyway para is too easy to kill for me, 3 high lvl just shoot him from the back in less then 4 min .They are many special tanks but they mostly spawn on the end of map and usualy dont have time to fight. I think mg need one special tank who culd make lit more mess then other special tanks, should be very fast, fast swing,not big hp like shaman :), speed increase over surv, agressiv and chasing the survivor, make 1 hit incap like old time, bring back old jockeys invisible with 1 jump incap, make littl more hard and fun each chapter more SI together, not like now just easy walking rush in park to saferoom in 1 min :D, alow tank teleport into saferoom but also go out if none is inside,my opinion make hard 16coop.That all talkin about 16coop 4.) very nice inceasing cans but can you make like on normal servers that one or to tank spawn after 50% cans maked,cos now the last map of dead center you dont have time to fight tank on the end when cans are finished, you just need go to car.Or thx for good work.peace ;)

11. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

1. I like trickys keybind :D. Like Marvel posted above if there is something that you specifically you want featured make a feature request here: http://mgftw.com/bugs/ Also if you post it there it will be in 1 central location not getting lost in the forums.

2. I came from lethal injection over 3 years ago because of many reasons. 1 being that nothing was ever a challenge it got boring. Machine realized this and he made a cool plugin for the admins *I have a short description of how he did it* Anyway the last big changes Machine made to LI *that i'm aware of* was made coop into coop/vs its not a super op modded server *or wasn't last time i visited* I knew Machine very well and hes a smart guy.

3. I'm gonna sound like a noob but the bomber always finds me and kills me lol. I like the suggestions I'd be sure to post them http://mgftw.com/bugs/ as a feature request!

4. Good job guys :P

12. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

You know it's not hide and seek right? You need to run at times ;)

13. TastyFish

TastyFish Member

Regarding metalized tank...Try playing him in Hard Rain. You would be surprised how many people just don't get the fact that you have to get him on the roof of the burger tank store to effectively defeat him with fire. Hard Rain is easily the most difficult map to fight metal.

14. that was 3 years ago...its alot better now, purely coop but it has MANY features i wish mgftw have.