1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Spit + ragdoll + mains witch death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaLi, Oct 22, 2013.

1. TaLi

TaLi Guest

this topic seems to be ignored again and again in chat box.
    maybe it will be noticed in a thread form

main+incapped by spit+someone startled a witch=death. and suddenly, no body to defib. and that's just one of many frustrating combos that have led people to simply stop playing.

there really shouldnt be another discussion about why these 3 issues need to be sorted even before the return of the quests.

let's please talk about removing or fixing the ragdolled and missing bodies, decreasing the spit strength, and adjusting who gets killed by a witch when she is startled.
    I said it before, i don't mind the death as main, AS LONG as the person who startled her dies as well. and better if they die first. and if that's not an option, bring back the rescue so we can rejoin the team and not be dead for the whole map.

if there is an announcment on an ETA for these fixes somewhere in the forum that i somehow missed, please direct me to it.
    I want to come back and play again, but this truly prevents me from enjoying the game, when i keep dying over and over again through no fault of mine, losing all my stuff and almost always losing anywhere between 20-80bps which translates into valuable items I buy for the team such as defibs throwables and special ammo, all gone.

thanks for any replies.

2. tank

tank MG Donor

Yea i agree With you about die 'cos somone start the witch and then witch kill you 'cos you are the main its very anoying. Should wait for" Honor Code" come back 'cos he is the root master for PR system co/op and Versus,only he maybe can fix that problems. I heard hes to busy right now in private life but he will back soon.I am not a expert but original l4d was made for 4 People (so its 4 mains) and versus for 8 persons (4vs4), all servers With more then 4 players are modded so when you play co/op is reason why witch start attacing only mains, cos she see 4 original people.So I dont know if is possible to fix that. About ragdoll it happend on all steam servers after newes update from Valve self, so its not only MG servers affected With that bug,I think the modders work to fix that or maybe is alredy fixed, be patient wait for Honor :) play , dont get to much personally,dont be angry be happy ;) i told u in game if you buy donor 'can easy change to other character if you dont wanna play main. Join sometimes to versus to :), peace:W

3. TaLi

TaLi Guest

yeah most of it makes sense but the spit shouldve been fixed months ago, its not something that just now happened, so is the disabed rescue.
    anyways versus sounds like a good plan
    see you there

4. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

The witch attack bug comes from a 3rd party mod: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=121945&page=19
    It used to work but it broke with the latest update, so I need to wait until the author updates the plugin (shouldn't take long).

About the defib not working, I know that in some occassions defib is not possible. Like if you die from an explosion, this was done to add more realism and make it harder.

Same as closet rescue, it was disable to increase teamplay. With closet rescue you can just do whatever you want because they rescue you anyway which seems boring to me.

5. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

The witch attacking mains - bad.

Ragdolled bodies - bad.

Closet rescue disabled - Totally agree with.

6. hmm...everytime i play a new game i would check whether i am a main or not. if a main i would take precautions in case someone trigger a witch (there will always be something that triggers it whether a stray/accident shot or a pipebomb). like having a first aid in handy for quick mustachio. or you know, kill a witch yourself? with the new buffs its now very easy to do then before
    and usually there are many people with defibs, though I generally dislike the disappearing body since it has this random factor of happening.

7. TaLi

TaLi Guest

actually there are random deaths that arent by earthquake/flying/falling/explosion, just death by witch can cause a body to be unable to be deffibed

not all players "do whatever they want" in game so once again punishing all of us "just in case" so and so happens, is not right

8. TaLi

TaLi Guest

with the server having another problem every other day, these issues are taking a back seat for too long now.
    it's sad to say but it looks like the servers have reached the point of being over-modded, causing such bugs and failures to accure.
    i understand the need to keep refreshing and adding, but fixing older issues is just as important.
    so far the quests are gone, we have an assortement of bugs, and people keep leaving.
    please, dont let this disappear into the black hole also known as player's suggestions/bug report box

9. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I understand your frustrations but that's just the way it is right now. MG is not our full time job, we only do this for fun which means we're doing this in our spare time and we don't get payed for it (in fact we're paying FOR it together with our donors). So there are no guarantees that everything will work flawlessly.

Don't worry though we're not gonna let it disappear into a black hole, MG is here to stay for now and we will be here for the next couple of years. In fact we're here for a long time right now and if you've been with us for that period, you'd know that's what we're all about, we have our moments of not doing anything where players will run and then next month it's all about development again, fixing stuff, bringing new features, who knows.

Yes I know we have issues. We've had similar issues before where it took months to get back on track, if you wanna leave because of that then just go that's your choice. Or you can have patience and bare with us while we do our best to fix things.

I can guarantee you we're on top of it I just can't give you an ETA. It's done 'when it's done'.

Don't forget that we're hosting modded L4D2, a really old game where most people still play vanilla so it's not that easy. Next to that we'll have to deal with ddos attacks and other people that want to make our lives miserable so please look at it from our perspective sometimes and you'll find out that it's really easy to complain but no so easy to fix everything and give you the full MG experience for free.

10. TaLi

TaLi Guest

hmm. I was loving the reply as it was to the point and fully reasonable, up until the "easy to complain not easy to fix" and "give you the full MG experience for free"

because 1) it is NOT easy to complain here, because of past experiences with getting replies that made it feel like its best to stfu instead of saying anything negetive about the server, and
    2) I am an MG donor even if my forum status doesnt say so, i have invested money in order to play here and I wouldve invested a hell of a lot more if i hadnt known that it will go to waste for not being able to play due to one bug or another. so i have not been given the full mg experience for free, I have chosen to spend money on different items to make this experience more enjoyable and to help support the servers, I just dont go around screaming I AM A DONOR PAY ATTENTION TO ME

I think you are smart enough to realise you are dealing with people who have made your servers and the community their home, and spend well around 50 hours a week (the equivalent of a full time job) playing here. so it is within reason that these people, payers or none-payers (your choice to make it a free to play server) would have a lot to say, offer, complain or report about.
    it wont hurt to start seeing things from the other side as well, as it is known that when treated with respect people tend to give it back, and with good communication and relationships (players to administrators), the community will grow and so will the donations that keep the server running

thanks for the other replies and I hope things start getting resolved as you go along
    have a nice weekend everyone

11. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

oh good god what a hell

"Donation" doesn't have to mean you get ANYTHING. Donor privileges exist, but you're not "entitled" to exactly what you want here just because you sent over some cash to help the servers. Donation as a word generally implies a more altruistic element.

You say you can spend 50 hours a week on the servers - that's cool and all but the majority of people do not have that kind of time. Administrators, just like a lot of users here have jobs, education, and personal lives to attend to that take precedence over spending hours trying to fix bugs. It's perfectly fine to pass comment on problems, but do it nicely!

Running over a dozen hosted servers for fun in your spare time is a big investment - it costs a lot of money and time to keep things ticking over. Add the maintienance of PR, and it's pretty big.

With that in mind, I honestly can't expect the guys to be here 24/7 fixing issues. I just hope that it happens.

That being said, the ragdoll/disappearing deaths thing is a pretty dumb idea. and tbh, bugs should probably be getting a higher priority than new features at this time.

12. TaLi

TaLi Guest

maybe you should read what i said again before commenting like this
    i never once said i am entilted to anything here
    but if i pay for an item and it goes unused because i cant play, then yeah, i am intitled to say something about it
    I also work a full time job that involves A LOT of customer service so i know what i'm talking about, i don't sit at home all day and spend my parents money to buy things on the server
    I only adressed the part in which i am given the mg experience (what does that even mean anymore) for free, which i do not. doesnt matter how u look at it i have paid to play here, with more than just money

its funny how you agree with me on what i say but find it neccesary to call me out as if i expect people to be here 24/7

maybe they just need to add more people WHO DO have time to fix these issues
    its not my fault they depend on an extremely small team to cater to hundreds of people

"oh good god what a hell", really? if this shocks you then i really dont know what to say
    thanks for your uncalled for reply

13. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I have to say I agree with some things the 'players' have said and also with things the 'admins' have said.
    I understand that it is squashing every bug that appears and having to edit this and edit that to make it work and hope it does work, however, you recently rolled out a 1.2 beta while still having known bugs in the code. I agree its hard to maintain everything MG but please, resolve your players comments and complaints before trying to make things bigger and better.
    I truly believe my best MG experience was when I first stumbled upon the server. Since then I think the additions that have been made, while some are welcomed they are quickly nulled with negative additions (ragdoll, witch attacking mains e.t.c)

Also, what happened to the rush when a multi toaster is found? Why no more full luck toasters? Why no instant level toasters? Why no Exp Multiplier Toaster? Why no Hyper EXP toaster? Why no Time Toaster? See my point?

One final point I'd like to make is this isn't a moan, this is me wondering where MG is headed. I think the admins do a fantastic job, always make sure servers are running and always helping people when needed. Keep up the good work!