1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Some Changes & Ideas

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by liverare, Sep 11, 2014.

1. liverare

liverare Junior Member

Rework the random selection for infected
    Sometimes I can go maps before I become an infected, but only for one round. This is fairly annoying as is probably why a lot of players leave. We all want to play as infected, so we aren't likely to pass up an opportunity where we are infected.

What needs to happen is; an infected player counter is attributed to each player, and as they play as infected, their 'count' increments, and as whereas they don't, it decrements. Then this list of players and their rankings will be sorted, and those with the lowest ranking will have a greater chance of being chosen for the next infected.

Then, a small selection of truly random players are picked alongside players who have the lowest score ranking. This way, players cannot keep tabs on each other to try and determine who may be likely to become infected next round.

The map voting list is too large!
    There should be a small selection of maps to chose from, and the timer should be greatly reduced. Give the players 20 seconds to decide from four maps. You can implore the same prioritising system from the aforementioned suggestion, but for maps.

Being shoved is too fatal
    More likely than not, being shoved is an indefinite death sentence. It's painful to watch your character uncontrollably stumble in front of the guy/girl who's about to waste you.

Offer us the ability to move backwards as we're stumbling. Using our mouse, we might be able to guide ourselves to temporary cover as we attempt to recover.

Re-introduce the M60
    It may have been removed because of it being too overpowered, but you can tweak the gun to shoot as fast as the mounted M60 we may find on some maps. This way, it's a slow, bulky, but deadly. And because it's annoying to pick up an M60 and to have it just disappear.

Concise death report
    When examining a dead player, instead of displaying the details in a list, just summarise it. It can be watered down to something as simple as: "Liverare was killed 00:30 seconds ago by fire." (+ intuition) "...The dying note says 'Xmac'."

Fixed player list
    One list for all players, numbered, and with their statuses appended, e.g.,
    1) LiveRare (dead)
    2) XMach...
    3) Topman
    4) Abstract (dead)
    Etc.

This way, if I'm about to 'KOS' someone, but their names aren't easily pronounceable, or their names isn't very coherent, then I can just call something like "KOS 15".

New '!kos' and '!sus' commands
    Following on from the previous suggestion, I'd like to see this feature alter the player list in a way that helps display who is SUS and who is KOS. Essentially you'll call "!sus 14" and "14) LiveRare" will be changed to "14) LiveRare (suspect: 1)".

On top of that, you can also attribute a reasoning for your call (optional). It's appended onto the command as an additional number, which include the following:

1. …was caught attacking/killing another player.
    2. …was caught turning into a hunter.
    3. …was caught placing a trap.
    4. …was caught breaking a barricade.
    5. …was caught not taking damage from common infected.
    6. …was caught using a throw-able.
    7. …is unable to trigger a trap.

1. …was caught fleeing from a recently killed survivor.
    2. …was caught fleeing from a recently placed trap.
    3. …was caught emerging from where a hunter was last spotted.
    4. …was acting suspiciously (stalking others, going into dark rooms, hiding, etc.)
    5. …was wasting resources (special ammo, medical supplies, grenade launcher ammo, etc.)
    6. …was caught seen with recently accused KOS.

Then a new command "!why" will display the player name, the reason, and the votes for that reason, e.g.,
    "LiveRare [13]
    KOS:
    2) ...was caught turning into a hunter. (1)
    3) ...was caught placing a trap. (1)

SUS:
    6) ...was caught seen with recently accused KOS. (4)"

This will be displayed in a new interface or printed out in the chat logs, or maybe in the console. KOS allegations are permanent, unless the issuer retracts it with "!unkos" (no reasoning is required). The same applies with SUS, except SUS lasts 30 seconds before being automatically dismissed.

'Hammer' perk sucks!
    It's bad enough there aren't very many molotoves lying around, but when I want to break a barricade, but with my prime weapon, it is very, very slow! Remember: we're on a timer. The perk also costs a ludicrous amount of points for something as limiting as this.

Reduce the time it takes to break a barricade with your prime and (especially melee) secondary weapon, and lower the cost of the perk.

Barricades sucks!
    I'm always tempted to break as many as I can, but I rarely see much of a pay-off for doing so. Introduce new mob types, e.g., police zombies, more CEDA zombies, etc. by how many barricades are broken. For instance; if I break five barricades, police zombies should be called in.

On top of this, gas tanks and gasoline cans should be able to damage barricades upon explosion, by default.

Adrenaline sucks!
    We're often always in that situation where we need health, but there aren't any pills around, but there are adrenaline. In the heat of battle, it's hard to consume adrenaline because the actual consumption time is stupidly long and the healing amount isn't really worth the delay.

To resolve this; the health restoration should be the permanent kind and the speed of consumption should be quickened. This way, they'll become much more desirable than they are currently.

'Black hole bomb'
    A non-lethal, one credit bomb that sucks up all of the items/resources that are within the distance of three meters. This item will be mostly used at medial supply centres or at weapon storage facilities. (The latter will require the following...)

Fake ammo
    To append on from the previous suggestion, new deployable 'fake ammo' can be purchased by hunters. This ammo, when deployed, will take the form of regular fire ammo, but upon its usage after a few shots have been fired, the weapon will be rendered useless. The gun will be removed from the player, much like the M60 is removed from those who try to take it.

Buy-able laser sights
    It would be a nice inclusion for the Detective's shop options. Once brought, a new deployable pack item will spawn on him/her, and he/she will be able to deploy for the team to use.

'Hunter teleport'
    A new buy-able perk that deploys a recognisable model to represent the output of the teleporter. The hunter will be able to teleport upon typing "!tele". It'll cost one point, but survivors can destroy it and detectives can move it/booby-trap it.

Melee weapon personalities
    Golf club should be rare and allow you to launch items and exposed hunters away by hitting them. Its main use would be for launching gas tanks and gasoline cans across the map. The mechanics of how that'll operated will be up to you, but it may need to include a kind of limbo with the item so that you can properly aim to where you want it to fire.

Baseball bat; same deal, but only for exposed hunters.

Katana should cut through doors in two swipes.

Axe should do the same, but in one swipe (slower), and also greatly impact barricades.

Guitar should be ultra-rare fun weapon that deals the same amount of damage as the knife, mainly because it's a fun weapon, but really out of place for a zombie apocalypse. To compensate its slower attack speed, the range of attack is increased.

'Eat the dead'
    Eat the dead is a loud infected perk that lets you consume your dead victim to remove any traces of their death. It'll cost three points and will be very useful to avoid having the body examined. When the dead victim is consumed, they are registered as dead and consumed. This way the team will know someone is able to remove bodies.

Lockers on every map
    Lockers on every map that spawn in random locations with random contents. They are a really nice feature on Bedlam, and so including them on every map will provide another interesting element. The infected benefit the most from lockers because they can take advantage of medical items and throw-ables.

Command to transform into hunter/survivor/toggle between
    "!hunter", "!survivor" and "!transform" should be implored so that I can bind them to my preferred keys instead of double tapping shift. Spamming the shift key invites the 'sticky keys' thing Windows loves to throw up, and because sometimes I will sometimes lose succession of the taps, by accident, resulting in a delayed transformation that may result in losing a kill.

And not just that, but I'm using a Cybord R.A.T. 9 mouse which has a 'precision aim' button (position conveniently for thumb pressing). I'll be able to program that button to submit a keyboard key event to a key set up to execute the "!transform" command.

...So here are just some changes/ideas. Probably more to come. :)

2. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

my thoughts:

Infected selection

well it's random, it should be random! and players cry when they are 6 rounds surv, but are silent when they are 3 times inf in a row... that math!

Map voting to large

Players only vote on page 1... problem solved :P but yes, there is a lot of time to vote...

Shoved too fatal

it's part of the game since the beginning, try to avoid it!

M60

it should spawn rarely (not in every round) and always at different places. so it will be a special discovery!

player list, !kos !sus etc.

nobody will use it... HI is too fast for typing those commands/informations! You will die while typing :P
    i still prefer a counter somewhere on the screen, that shows the current total players in round and the number of players alive + not confirmed dead.

pills/adrenaline discussion

they are available for surv and inf... i don't get the point of that! they help both teams!

barricades sucks!

okay... other players like them... i personally don't like the AWP and i never use it... ppl are different...

some ideas at the end

i really like the "eat the dead" idea. with teamwork, this feature could be very strong!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

"And not just that, but I'm using a Cybord RA.T. 9 mouse which has a 'precision aim' button (position conveniently for thumb pressing). I'll be able to program that button to submit a keyboard key event to a key set up to execute the "!transform" command."
    I don't know if I got it right, but you know you can change the shift key to your mouse, right? At least I use my mouse to turn into a hunter.

4. liverare

liverare Junior Member

Yes, but I don't want to have to tap the precision aim button twice. I tried programming it to send two shift key events, but I cannot get it to work in game for some reason. :/ Like, it will work, but then most of the time it wont.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, about it I have to idea, but the mouse buttom even pressing twice is faster than the shift key, at least for me.