1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Some Changes & Ideas V2

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by liverare, Sep 18, 2014.

1. liverare

liverare Junior Member

New thread, more stuff!

Quick-Commands

New direct commands that bypass the 'buy' menu.

The problem with the existing ways of purchasing items is, something like "say !buy;wait 35;slot1;wait 35;slot1" and "sm_buy;menuselect 3;menuselect 1;" to buy mines requires the game to navigate through the menu, even if it's done behind the scenes. I'd prefer a new list of commands that outright bypass any need for a menu, so that avid players can set up an array of binds that don't bug at all.

One benefit of this is it will allow me to enhance my 'suicide button'. This button (AKA, Akhabar button) is binded to the letter 'P', and when it is pressed, my player will purchase a napalm bomb and then activate the suicide vest. It works, but the original set-up I wanted was to have the bind say "Allahu Akhabar", purchase one C4 and two mines, and then activate the suicide vest. Unfortunately I couldn't achieve this conventionally, so I just dumbed it down to just the napalm and vest explosion.

Smoke Bile
    Do you know what I really hate about being a hunter? It's when I'm against a bunch of other players who are in close proximity to one another, distant enough to avoid suspicion, but just close enough to react immediately to a hunter. This non-lethal weapon will hopefully put a stop to that.

Unlike the poison pills, this item aims to simply obscure the survivors' vision when they within the blast radius. The blast radius is huge, like 20 meters, and the smoke lasts for three minutes, and to top it off, anyone caught within the smoke has their names hidden. Hunters can see through the smoke, but survivors and disguised infected cannot.

'Eat the dead' (Revised)
    "Eat the dead is a loud infected perk that lets you consume your dead victim to remove any traces of their death. It'll cost three points and will be very useful to avoid having the body examined. When the dead victim is consumed, they are registered as dead and consumed. This way the team will know someone is able to remove bodies." -- From first 'Some Changes & Ideas' thread.

I'd like to offer an extension to where victims of this effect are actually resurrected as a control(able) common zombie, or if possible, a 'zombified' re-skin of the character.

A resurrected zombie...

• Not be able to see anyone's name.
    • Cannot inflict damage upon hunters or zombies.
    • Can inflict damage on a hidden infected, but at the cost of losing x10 amount of his/her own HP.
    • Can deal up to 20 damage, with a hit rate of once every three seconds.
    • Can move as quick as common zombies.
    • Can double-jump--except whilst attacking. There'll be a delay to prevent you from jumping as soon as you've attacked.
    • Cannot communicate. (Communication blocker is basically permanent.)
    • Will have 500 hit-points. (Weak against melee weapons, fire, and fire ammo.)
    • Can be shoved.
    • Is immune from fall damage.

The point of this is to extend the game-play of a fallen survivor. I feel that, even if you're a resurrected zombie and you hold disdain towards the hunter who killed you, you may resign to aid the hunter since you've got nothing better to do...unless you plan on just farting around for the remainder of the round.

Taser (Improvement)
    Allow the police baton to induce the same effect. The image that comes to mind would be the peacekeepers on Half Life 2.

Tracker (Improvement)
    Unless you find yourself in a 1-versus-1 scenario where you're a detective a tracker currently placed on the last remaining hunter--which has happened to me just once--this tool is kind of useless.

The tracker is mainly to help keep an eye on suspicious players, but I feel it's the least used item in the detective's arsenal. One update I think will boost the usefulness of the tracker is to make the hat turn red and appear visible to everyone once the tracked person transforms into a hunter. A noise will also occur to alert the hunter that he/she has been 'perma-tracker'. Afterwards, the hat is no longer visible to the detective, but the moment the tracker person turns into a hunter, EVERYONE will know where the hunter is.

This improvement will make it less likely for those 'perma-tracked' disguised infected to ever transform back into a hunter--even after they are exposed. This means they will have to resort to using weapons.

One final (optional) addition to this could be the ability to improve weapon damage against hunters/hidden infected who are being tracked.

Bile Bomb (Improvement)
    Half the health restoration of pills, adrenaline and medkit while the survivor is covered in bile. But also make the survivor immune from the effects of poison pills.

Barricades (Improvement)
    Remove them entirely and incorporate something similar to what Nether has. For the survivors of Nether to occupy a space free from Nether creatures, they have an anti-Nether device. The main bases will have a few darted around the map, and it basically kills Nether creatures who attempt to enter the premises.

However for this mod, have a few tall devices darted around the map, and if one is destroyed, then they all fail and the common rush in. This would be better than using barricades because...
    1. You don't need to justify the positions of the 'anti-common' devices, unlike barricades.
    2. ...Which means they can be included into every map.

Laser Warder
    A similar item to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (OBSecurity mod) detector. It's essentially a wall-placement item (like the claymores on Half Life), that ring when an enemy has passed through the laser.

I think this would be an awesome items to add to the detector's arsenal. Though, it'd be nice to have more than just one; maybe two or three. This way, elaborate security features can be put in place to provide the survivors with a piece of mind.

To prevent any kind of 'initiation ritual' to try and weed out the disguised infected, disguised infected cannot trigger the alarm. But to balance this, hunters cannot see or hear the alarm. Either your memory serves you well and you're able to cross the laser undetected via quick change over, or you become exposed.

This item does nothing more than sound an alarm when a laser has been breached by a hunter and common infected. (This would make 'hammer' a very useful counter tool!)

I AM TRYING TO THINK UP MORE IDEAS!!!