1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Server lagging

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Cascatu, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Cascatu

Cascatu Junior Member

I've noticed that each time someone gets vomited by a boomer, everone starts to lagg very bad, until the horde gets killed.Maybe this lagging problem may be fixed :|

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Re: Server lagging

Hi Cascatu,

That's pretty normal in fact, especially when a big horde spawns like on Vicious infected. Then the pings go up. There's enough bandwidth and cpu so that can't be it. It's just the game. Pings go up but the game is not that laggy I believe. Anyway nothing I can do about that...

3. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Re: Server lagging

As Marv said VI has 70+30 70 called by boom+ 30 alive, but it also depends on which map, like Hard rain, the passing, Swamp feaver, as for these servers its not just prossing normal walls/floors/sky but its also do water and rain & Lots of it, if it was lagging not on 1 of 3 servers above Swamp Feavers be removed from server list then we can say its down to othere things.

But saying that, iv played arround with a few diffrent carv's to do with common infected, and the bigger the hord size, the more lag there will be and rembers the defult size for the game is only 35, not 100 lol

I have tested biger hord sizes on othere, thats defult to 35 and higherd them to 180, which is unplayable, but fun, 120 is still playable tho

The Main reasion that i belive is causeing pings to go up is hord size i know 120 does make every ones in to the 300's, 300 ping is fine to play with, it may be cause by something else, but untill we can set a fair test, we can not tell what it is.

On the down side, if VI did not have 100 common, it whould be Far eayer than it is, and it whould not be much of VI :cry:

Note. othere hord sizes was XXX-30, XXX called by boom+ 30 alive, sry that some parts was off topic, but i wanted to cover every angle