1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Server changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, May 11, 2014.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

Within now and the next coming weeks we're gonna have some changes.

First of all, the IP addresses for all servers will change to new ones. We're not gonna change host provider or location and nothing will change for our Asia server. This only affects IP addresses for EU and CA, nothing else.

As for the servers, we're getting rid of one EU coop server, as there are 2 right now and I think 1 is enough since we already have 1 on every location.

The other thing which is undecided yet is Mixed Mode and Berserker mode, these will either be removed completely or one will come back as a mix of these 2, so let[s say Berserker mode mixed with Zombie Genocide mod. This is still open to discussion.

Thanks for reading :)

2. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

I figured this would eventually happen but it can be a good idea. Zombie Genocide or Total Insanity with Berserker and maybe even throw in the steerable charger. The only reason I say Total Insanity is that ZG overwhelms some players video cards and they lag but I prefer ZG. Please don't scrap Mixed Mode altogether.

Acid Boomer Party will bug all following maps with excessive waves of boomers without the acid.
    Hunter Playground is always a slaughter.
    Tank Rush is usually die in the safe room.
    Miniature Attack is the most annoying mod of any game ever.

I am all for making Mixed Mode fixed to either Zombie Genocide or Total Insanity alone or coupled with Berserker mode. I don't like having to vote every round to ensure it stays off of Acid Boomer so I don't have to restart the server.

3. The Hood

The Hood MG Donor

Aaarghhh! Losing Zombie Genocide mode might be the end of my tenure here. When I go back to playing the other modes now it feels like its in slow motion. Do what you must of course, but geez, losing ZG will suck!

4. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I wish ZG and the such would work WITH PR levels and skills. It would be so fun to dominate that many zombies and SI with all the speed and power of lvl 200+ :D

5. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

With the IPs being changed, will there be cake?

6. marvel

We will probably combine ZG with Berserker and removed all of the other modes :)

7. marvel

lol if we did that the server would probably go up in smoke ;)

8. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

I might check out these mixed modes before they get removed or what not. ZG sounds like it's fun.

9. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

Not many players know that ZG is the greatest server MG has ever come up with. At first I did not like it much because it is so intense but I got used to it and the high action. Trust me when I say that it is easy to appreciate fast reload times for infected and starting out with 150hp as a survivor. I like Berserker mode too which is very helpful for survivors. As ZG is things are favoring infected and players rage very often. Merging with berserker could be a good thing. I disagreed with Ocean Potion's post because PR has no place in non PR. I have nothing against making a similar mod for PR.

I will always love VI but after playing ZG it seems slow. The brutal truth is that after many months of playing ZG it is impossible to know what the game is really like because there are never full teams. Usually 3-4 players and often end up on the same team because of rage quitting. There have been a scant few times where there were more players but never 20. I want to see 10v10 and the dynamic will be much different, like a whole new game.

I look forward to the change as I want anything for players to understand that ZG is the best baddest ass mod here. I still take a break from ZG to play VI because there are never any bad players in VI and no matter what team I end up on I am with friends and each team has a fighting chance to win, always very balanced. ZG is almost always unbalanced because of so few players and the ones who do join don't last long. We need players so get in and get hooked. ZG is brutal and unforgiving as a survivor but it can be done so get in on the fun.

10. The Hood

The Hood MG Donor

I agree that we need more players on ZG. Marvel has been nice enough to leave it up for now, but I imagine if we don't get more players he will have to take it down eventually. So come on over and give it a try. Thanks.:)

11. erik

erik MG Donor

Don't hesitate to drop me an invite. I usually join when gamers are trying to fill up servers.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I totally agree, and think it's fun since playing with Vulcan, I was only telling Shiz about it a few days ago, and this player would also like to try it out too.:smiley-signs064:

13. marvel

Server moves are complete, there were some issues but I think most of them are fixed. Let me know if there's still some problems :)

14. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

ZG is great fun, PR is my home but I'm definitely up for ZG if people invite me. Myself and Dave (eop) played against Vulcan & Hood the other day and it was great.

Of course, we wrecked ;)

But that's not the point - it's a brutal mode. Give it a try everyone.