1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[RMV PS] and other buyables

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by Rivion, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

Hello,

Lately a few people have been wearing this tag. But this is not about the tag.

Powershove:
    I just want to say I do like Powershove.

It has 90sec cooldown. Standard round takes 2.5 minutes. The body is still scanable and the one who killed can easily be found with a Detective.
    The only thing I would perhaps change is that a Shield could block Powershove. That would be a nice addition to the Shield.

Yeah it is a 99% assured kill. But so are two mines. Or a well placed napalm. Sure the survivor can dodge a mine if they spot it, but getting killed is part of the survivor job. The shove is just an AWP with extremely short range and extremely long reload time.

Another issue. I personally think the Detective should get some extra skills. Perhaps some which cost two credits, so they would have to kill an inf first. Perhaps a mine that makes turning hunter/surv disabled for 30 secs or so. I am just brainstorming here.

And yet again another issue. Over the course of the game I have seen both Det and Inf gain a lot of upgrades. Perhaps it is time to think of something survs get. I am not quite sure what. But something would be nice. Perhaps also a credit gained on killing an inf. Which can be used to buy a sort of grenade, beartrap that works on hunters only, or a healthkit.
    Again, also here I am just brainstorming.

Feel free to comment on all of them. Even if you think my arguments/ideas are just bad.

2. Ellie

Ellie Junior Member

+1

but the buying system on survivor is good but the grenade is gonna make them kos you and it will cause confusion better if you can only buy pills or adrenaline and fire ammo

3. ??

?? Guest

Glad they removed grenades for detective, it can be very confusing if the detective threw it in the middle of the round and people somehow forgot who was the detective.

Maybe if the detective's grenades work differently from survivors it could somehow make things less of a confusing randomfest.

4. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

I got a nice idea for Det-buyable. Or so I think. For 1 credit they can remove the inf-circles around certain objects. Perhaps not c4, but even that can be possible imo.

Result: They have to watch their step, communicate via their chat to warn each other about locations of things. Although mines and napalm still do not get triggered, it could be a dead giveaway if one of them randomly runs through the things.

A team of good infs will communicate. Tell each other where mines are and where c4 put down.

If the c4 is too much, it could perhaps not change color (so green circles only). Or a smaller range.

5. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

- powershove is gone (for the moment?)
    Well what about a replace with something like the boomer bitch slap? it's visible from big distance, the instakill is more difficult so you should use it only in good moments?

- buymenu for survivors? --> NO! Because they are survivors :P

- Powerful detective thing with 2 credits? i like that idea... gain more power when you don't "waste" the 1 credit at start.

- Remove inf circles? i also like that idea. BUT there is the problem, when fellow newbies or noobs walk into them (with a survivor) and you lose karma because they die... the chance for teamkills increases...