1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Request/Suggestion 5 Hour server restarts

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by NeonRising, Apr 26, 2013.

1. NeonRising

NeonRising Junior Member

Hi Guys,

I've been playing the server and was thinking it might be best to change the server restart time to 4-5 hours.

I was thinking this is a good idea as it allows Barracks and other buildings to reset the loot they have spawned.

Would it also be possible to only reset/re-spawn destroyed vehicles or vehicles with a certain damage level? Instead of resetting others that are fully fueled and repaired.

Thank's in advance and I'm loving the server.

2. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Hi,

We used to have 4 hour restarts but the restart usually causes a lot of people not to come back after restart. Since we have dynamic crash site choppers we dont really have the need to restart anymore'as crash sites spawn at random places at random times.

Destroyed vehicles will auto-respawn at the next server restart. We currently have nothing that respawns vehicles that are too damaged. We might look into it later, thanks for the tip!

3. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah we may go back to 4/5 hours restarts later on, it all depends on how crowded the server is because the more crowded the more restarts it needs.

As for the vehicles we usually delete and respawn vehicles that haven't been touched for 3 days. We do that once in while.