1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Reputation sucks!

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by kRz {KeKe} [?], Aug 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. This reputation system just sucks. If someone wants to increase reputation by reviving he can't do this! Buy menu is blocked and what that person have to do? I know how to increase by reviving, lifting ppl etc but how much time it takes? Some weeks? My ppl from clan gets angry on this reputation system.
    Formerly your servers gave joy and now this system (reputation system) destroys that joy.

2. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

The reputation system only get complaints from people with a low rep. Those with average - high rep have earned it and gone through the frustration that you feel. Be a team player, minimize incaps and witch startling, buy the high reputation buff e.t.c.

Give it time and play nicely.

3. Today i have played few hours with that buff, without startling witches etc and nothing. The same rep lvl.

4. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

It took me like 1 week to go from Bad to Average... So i guess is more difficult from Terrible to Bad....

Right now I'm Team's Agnel and took me like two month to get here... So do your math...

Remember.. It's pretty easy to lower your rep... but really hard to put it up again...

5. Chriss

Chriss Junior Member

I don't think this Reputation system is sucks...Instead, it mobilize you not to do stupid stuffs...
    I once was 'Terrible' and I tried to do good things more often, as the result, now I raised to Team's Pillar within 3 weeks, maybe its because I have the rep booster buff, but the more important thing is whether you have confidence to do good things a lot, since below 'Bad', the buy menu is locked, the fastest way is to revive and REVIVE and never hesitate to sacrifice yourself to save your teammates, even if you are dead, your teammates can always defib you. There is an ancient sentence said by the Chinese which can represent the whole rep system: Learning to be bad only takes 3 days, while learning to be good takes 3 years....
    Here's the time I took to raise my rep:
    Terrible->Bad 8 days
    Bad-> Average 6 days
    Average->Good 4 days
    Good ->Excellent 2-3 days
    Excellent -> Team's Pillar 2 days...
    (p.s. Since I used rep buff, those that do not have will take 30% more time to raise your rep)
    Hope all the low rep players will pay effort in building up good team spirit no matter in game or in real life :)

6. erik

erik MG Donor

That was nicely said, thank you. I like the positive spirit...

7. Death

Death Junior Member

Really sucks

Absolutely agree with kRz.
    At least I disagree with MGFTW's new co-op server "!buy menu ban" feature with its "gorgeous" auto-kick system (when you automatically get kicked out from the server if your rep reaches the lowest value). The last one were implemented by a hecking genius...

Now it is just heart-breaking to see how the game becomes boring. Not everyone sees it. Yet.

Good luck, I hope you change your rep system or people will start to leave MGFTW co-op servers. By the way, my clan just did it...

8. darkzone

darkzone Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I think the reputation system is not bad. There are certainly some things that do not work 100%, but that is often at the playing style of the people. A Matalltank you have to stop killing with fire, unfortunately, there are always players who enter races in the fire areas to combat the tank with a melee weapon. However, you can compensate for this good if you otherwise paying attention to where you go shoots (cars, Witches) or Molotoves / Pipes not in the group throws. It's just like in real life too. Turn brain can help!

9. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

I find reputation a key element forcing players to stop acting like idiots. I can understand that new players can not know of its existence (I found out around level 60) but sooner or earlier you realise what it is and then you can start working to make it better. If I could raise 1.6 point in 3 hours without buff I bet everyone can raise it with more or less difficulties. All you need is some commitment.

10. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

I think the reputation system is excellent, makes for much better teamplay, stops deliberate incapping etc, stops people from intentionally startling witches "for a laugh" when the mow down half the team in their enraged mood etc.

11. ✪Elfy Mint✪

✪Elfy Mint✪ Junior Member

I agree,reputation is weird sometimes,before the new reputation was updated,I was at Terrible/Bad reputation(When I was around lvl 40)and it doesn't
    increase to Average+,but after I finished some quests,it suddenly rise up to Team Pillar+.I know its really frustrating,but try to stay around the centre/back of the team so your reputation will not decrease.

12. Ping

Ping Guest

You know something is wrong with the system when complaints are put forward (again, and again, and again... and again) and shot down instantly with the same argument (which is one in their own fantasy fallacy), yet still nothing has been changed. It really is a shame. I'm sure if king was still here at least something would happen |:(