1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Radio/Box locations

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Tricky, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

With regards to the radio locations, would it be fair to say that they should be only in saferooms? I waited almost 10 minutes earlier (No exaggeration) for a low level player to sift through all the available quests on the radio found on Dark Carnival map 1 by the swimming pool while everyone else was waiting in the end saferoom. For someone in the saferoom, I can guess they thought we were farming.

While I support the idea of at least 1 box and radio on EVERY map I'm not too sure about their current locations.

The boxes however are fine as they are except one on Dark Carnival map 2 near the end saferoom. Again, a few people stop there while others are in the saferoom just yards away.

Thanks for reading :)

2. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Yeah, we need them somewhere that it won't slow everyone down or cause issues.

I've also asked if the Quest giver's name can be added to the title of the quest so we know when we finish the quest who to get the next quest from..

ie: Beginner 2 - [persons name]

This way you don't have to go through all the quest givers names to find the next quest, because I'll know it was either Bryan or Sara or someone else that I finished the quest for.

3. duodot

duodot Junior Member

I'd like to add an addition to the quests.

I think it would be nice to have repeatable quests for the lower levels gain more levels and cash a lot quicker. I mostly see a lot of quest items on the ground during campaigns that are not picked up, and I believe that having repeatable quests would cause players to explore the map more rather than ditching the players left behind for the saferoom.

4. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Repeatable quests have crossed my mind a few times but ITT I said about how simply using a box or a radio for new players / low levels is time consuming as they are still learning the menus etc. Having repeatable quests would long this out even further. It's the high levels that rush to the saferooms that need something to do to slow them down a little, not the low levels. Nice idea though.