1. Click here to join our community discord server.

PR-VS Pathing Requests

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by erik, May 19, 2014.

1. erik

erik MG Donor

PR-VS maps like:
    c1m1_hotel and c12m4_barn have pathing that the gamers like.

We never get tired of these maps because the pathing helps make it fun and encourage what we want: excitement, lots of jockey & bitch slap opportunities, and major laughs that come from having that.

No Mercy rooftop & Dark Carnival 1 / Concert are natural favorites but they already have the ability all over the place to get karma slaps... because of the hills.

The pathing request we generally as PR-VS gamers want to see is more stuff like the Blood Harvest barn map. We can't get enough of it! Same thing like Dead Center 1; karma smoke locations. We love it so much.

We look forward to these upcoming changes and people have been asking for it a lot. Thanks, ChooChoo!

On a random note, please unboard the window in c4m2_sugarmill_a at the ramp; survivors can not go back to save others because of it.

2. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

I believe I did un-board the window for all pr-vs servers. I do plan to get back to PR-VS eventually.

I know some maps could probably use some updating, like all of Hard Rain, and Blood Harvest. Map 4 of BH I think confuses people a lot since they keep going into the little house, and out a window, taking major fall damage. Most don't seem to realize that you are meant to go under the house and around.

I'll see about getting to them in due time. :)

3. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Im sure there are a few places that need some fixes, but in Dark Carnivale map1 you can avoid a part of the map just by jumping over a bus, and in BH map 5 there is a place that need a rock or something to cover it because if you fall in there by mistake you get stuck and have to go afk, that place is on the back side of the bus at the beginning, and the rocks. In swamp fever map1 there are one object that block the karma charges in the ferri area (a truck) that I think it should be removed. I will take notes this week and and will give chuchu some more feedback in a few days. :)

4. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

agreed, the pathing is great in places but could obviously use work. I'm seeing a few more people use the bus jump in BH map 1 which bypasses the slap spot.

The idea of pathing has always got to be to maximise those "LOOOOL" and "zomg" moments, because they're the ones that everyone loves :D

5. erik

erik MG Donor

Well, I'm sure by now, you've read that everyone wants to see some new stuff. We'd all also be more inclined to fill up the VS servers if we had new chances to do new things!

I realize you're all kungfu about Hidden Infected and stuff, but please take some time for your PR-VS people, also.

6. ChooChoo

I'll look into giving Blood Harvest some tweaks to it soon.

7. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones MG Donor

ChooChoo, "Dead Air Map 3 - Garage" requires pathing near the saferoom area. Survivors can get glitched to the top floor (not the roof) of the parking deck next to the airport. And there is no way back to the lower levels because vanilla car wrecks are blocking the offramp. I have no solution for this, except for filling the top car deck with more cars or other blocking objects so survivors who get glitched there would be teleported some place else. Maybe you have a better solution. Thanks in advance!

8. ChooChoo

Can you get me some screenshots to better explain? I looked over Garage and can't seem to find any issues with it.

9. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones MG Donor

Working on a video which also includes the described problem. Will post it here when it's done.

10. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones MG Donor

[video=youtube_share;hitiWOlMJhY]http://youtu.be/hitiWOlMJhY[/video]

At 10:25 - 10:40 you can see that player Cobra gets stuck on the top floor of the parking deck caused by a flipping car (watch closely because this happens in the background while I'm getting smoked).

At the 12:33 mark you can see him still running around on the top floor with no way out. Even the !afk command didn't teleport the bot. Pathing would fix this. Maybe the removal of the chicken wire fences in front of the garage windows could help.

Thanks for consideration.

11. ChooChoo

Hmm... that is a weird glitch, but I don't think pathing would actually fix this. It sounds like an odd glitch with how you get revived and what position you get revived to.