1. Click here to join our community discord server.

PR small suggestion - fast buying

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Nova, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Nova

Nova Senior Member

I don't think this has been subject of a topic yet, and I know pepsi mentioned it before in a previous thread, but I believe this would be a sweet implementation...

Fast buy.

Some kind of sub-menu where we can bind the shop items (!buy) to a parallel buying menu, !fbuy for example, so we can easily buy the items that we had bound in the past.

Something like we can select 3 items to insert into this menu (kinda like buy buffs, select buffs in the control panel), and we'd just have to choose (1, 2, 3) like we usually do from this sub-menu.

It'll probably be most useful in dire situations... say defibs or molotovs/bile jars during tank massacres, and seriously the..
    1. !buy
    2. 4, health items
    3. remember which one is defib, think it's 2
    4. the menu doesn't go away, and for number users like me (can't get the hang of the scrolling) i'd have to press 0 to get out of the !buy menu
    .. does get in the way :(. So in the end, it would just be :
    1. !fbuy
    2. I know 1 is defib, so 1, and menu disappears after purchase with bounty points

\o/.

I say 3 items out of the blue, since a little challenge is in demand, not all favorite items should be available in the fast buy menu. Personally, I buy:
    defibs, med kits, bile jars, molotovs, katana, pills/adrenaline the most, so I'd still have to choose which ones I need to bind.

Think this would be a great implementation ^^

EDIT: I wanted this guy in the post -> :lock1: full of win!

2. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

I am working on a fast buy addon radial-menu exclusively for our members. If any of you could list what your most frequently bought items are below... that'd be a great help :)

3. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Based on personal experience, I mostly use the !buy menu during finales, so here's my list :
    defibs
    medkits
    bile jars
    secondly :
    molotovs
    adrenaline (better than pills!)
    katana (yeah...)
    maybe a gnome ? :D

EDIT : based on my needs in the COOP server :D