1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

PR Quest Problem

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Hawk, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Hawk

Hawk Member

On Join Forces 1 (Will) I completed all the Final Rounds as in all 16 survivers make it out on a final (have to do it 15 times). I did all 15 rounds (I counted and have it written down) so i should only have 30 para tanks left to kill. But when i looked on the quest to see what i had left it says i have done none of the final round part of the quest and I know i did at least one if not all. So can someone help me?

2. erik

erik MG Donor

There are many theories why this doesn't work or "qualify" successful "all survivor" rounds.

I have a theory of my own, and I will tell you why I suspect it to be the case.

A few months ago, when we beat finales in COOP, we still saw the end credits (where everyone must hit space bar to skip.) Every time we had someone with strange stupid symbol names (outside of bracketed guild tags, I mean,) it stated their name was #FIX_ME_LOCALIZATION_STRING# and showed them as DECEASED. I think this is why the system doesn't count them. To test the theory, everyone cooperated and removed the strange symbols from their names. It actually credited the gamers (who had the quest) with a succesful "all survivors" escape even though we just repeated the same finale with people who edited their screen names.

I think the bottom line is that, unless you can get on a server with a bunch of gamers with standard-looking names, or ones you can actually type, it won't qualify the round even if you all make it.

3. Hawk

Hawk Member

So how would i complete the task? Ask everyone to change their names? And if the names had to be typed then that means some guild tags have to be removed. So do i really i have to do all that to get this task completed? If so i would rather pay for the guild stone in the store

4. Hawk

Hawk Member

I have also done all 15 so that would require time to do all 15 over again and some people just wont change their name because thats people these days.

5. erik

erik MG Donor

No. That was just something I did on an Admins-only troubleshooting-only basis. If anyone didn't want to, I'd not have done it. That one time they helped me.

It's unreasonable and unfair to ask or waste gameplay time to convince an entire server to change their names or remove Asian characters just to do a task or quest.

The bottom line is this: you need to just keep playing coop and hope the successful finales are counted by the quest. Otherwise, if they don't work, they don't work, and fixing the quest bug will have to be accomplished at some point.

We have important bugs, and server crash-related bugs, also "to do" lists, and on top of that, buffs that gamers have aren't working in 1 or 2 cases. Quests provide a chance for free, expensive items. On top of that, they're not an integral or required part of normal PR gameplay. Because of those 2 reasons, they're not a huge priority to fix, and are at the bottom of the list, and will always be.

Even though the system isn't perfect, they're a wonderful adjunct to PR-COOP and the quest system largely works on its own or as-is. We know about the bug and obviously want to fix it; however, I don't anticipate this particular quest bug being fixed anytime soon. The required work and troubleshooting from HonorCode's viewpoint is just not worth it or viable. Perhaps we can change the quest criteria for it.

6. Hawk

Hawk Member

ok thx

7. Hawk

Hawk Member

Does this effect whether i can start a clan or not, If i cant finish join forces 1, then i cant finish join forces 2

8. erik

erik MG Donor

You have to complete Join Forces I before you can access Join Forces II.

The technical answer is "no," it doesn't, because you can obtain a Guild Stone via the MG Store. If you have a guild stone and are not in a clan, type !gp to activate it.

If you're going to buy something from the MG Store, I recommend doing it asap, because of the huge sale.

9. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Isn't this the quest that completes when you collect a "weight reduction tool" (tnx mute for reminding me :)) or something? I know I picked something up and it went straight to 15/15 because it doesn't count escapes.

10. erik

erik MG Donor

Really? I didn't know about that. Well, that sounds like a bug that works in the gamer's benefit!

Can someone clarify if this is the case or not?

It would be much easier to fix the quest description or text instead of solving a very, very complex issue like the system not properly noting # of survivors who live. If we can get a 100% confirmation, I can try to get the quest description changed.

11. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

I can confirm this. BUT, no one knows how did we pick up this "reduce weight tool" as we didn't literally "pick" anything. It just appears in the chatbox and our inventory all of a sudden. And as far as I know, most of us pick it up in Dark Carnival. So I don't think it's just a quest description problem. I was going to report it to bugs but I thought this has been reported before :)

12. erik

erik MG Donor

Truth be told, the quest "to do's" list is really scattered. It would be nice to just do the quests from scratch and get a 100% comprehensive list of all the stuff that needs to be fixed.

That would actually make fixing it MUCH easier to do so.

13. Flying Boobs

Flying Boobs Guest

yes.. it does happen to me too.. it went straight to 15/15.. but i can't remember what i picked.. it's just happens when i checked !qt it suddenly went to 15/15..
    on the weight reducer tool.. i can confirm that i picked it in one of the generator room on the blood harvest map.. the one with the alarm door panic event.. after the alarm door.. on the first level, there should be two mirrorred room with generator/machinery.. i found it inside, the shape is like a box..

this quest bug taking another item from another quest to complete another quest happens also with the pure charger's claw quest too.. idk if it's completely intentional, taking shaman's claw does finish the pure charger's claw item requirement..

and about quest.. is there's any method to reset/retake a quest? i am having a difficulty on the strange liquid quest.. the one that require us to take hunter's head, hunter's claw and o+bag of blood.. all the heads and the bag of blood is already done.. the problem is the hunter's claw..
    the chronology is as follow..
    as i took the quest.. i notice i cant pick up the hunter claws even if it's strewn everywhere.. and i checked my quest inventory, and found out that i had several hunter's claw in the inventory.. so i delete it.. hoping that it would reset the counter or the quest mechanic.. but the strange thing is.. after i delete it.. as i go to the quest box and press 1 to put item to the box.. it registers as i went and put a hunter's claw into the box.. even when there's none in my inv (already deleted it)

since then, i can't pick another hunter's claw, and ever since stuck at the quest progress panel in 1/5 hunter's claw.. bummer..
    if it's possible.. it's perfectly fine for me to redone the quest.. as long i can finish it and not be stuck

14. Hawk

Hawk Member

From what I have heard from other players, they say that its reversed. 3 hunter claws and 5 blood bags or what ever. That's what most of the people are saying. Idk see if it works.

15. Hawk

Hawk Member

On the tip for Join forces it says to be the last one to leave the finale with a defib, I wonder would that work by chance? I haven't had a chance to test it. For the Weight Reducer that magically can turn this 15/15, Would that be inseparable 3 quest?

16. Hawk

Hawk Member

Make sure you're in a full coop server. Have a defib on hand and be the last one to escape so you can defib any dead teammates. Having 2 knives will be useful- tip on join forces