1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

PR Farming

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by raz, Jun 4, 2016.

1. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Alright guys, I've been toying with making a thread about this for a while now.

Since the new level cap has come into play, points/experience farming is once again becoming a big issue.
    For those that don't know (or pretend to not know) what I mean:
    • Farming on Points Reloaded.
    You are farming when you stop the campaign from continuing normally, and you stay in one spot killing infected to gain experience, points and FR-Pills faster. For example, not entering the helicopter on (L4D2) No Mercy finale, just because you want faster EXP, or "want to wait for the tank," falls into this category. Do NOT hinder campaign progress. Good advice would be NOT to be that gamer who spams throwables. This incites other gamers and can Structurally Farm / hold things up.Farming and points-harvesting is totally FORBIDDEN, and you will get instantly BANNED if you get caught.

Farming will carry a MINIMUM 2-day ban (or more if you've been banned for it before) and is cumulative, so bans will increase in length the more you do it.

You have been warned.

PLEASE keep the campaigns running smoothly for everyone's enjoyment.
    Thanks.

2. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

Really good that you brought this up.
    Just adding that at least every veteran / high level players are expected to know what it means.

I am quite often seeing players who are still asking if the tank can be killed once the rescue has arrived. The answer is a strict no, it falls to this exact same category.
    Hoping to see some improvements here. And if not, well then I guess we need to tighten it up even more.